RE vs. JL AUDIO vs. Kicker vs. Adire Audio

Username: Dark_man53190

Post Number: 6
which sub would be the best for quality and for a pretty good price? basically, im asking which sub is the best out of those brands?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1782
i would put the build quality of RE and adire side by side. JL would be right up there, just a hair lower. and kicker....

would be about here.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 382
my vote would be for JL i have always experienced the best quality out of JL subwoofers. RE is comparable from what i hear but the fact that their almost inacessable turns me away from them. just my opinion but you can never go wrong w/ JL audio.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1355
Has Adire fixed that glue problem yet?

Post Number: 7
first off, i liked the post marshall, i have to say that im interested in the brahma series, or the W7's. does anybody know where to get either of these for cheap prices. i want the 15 inch brahma though, or a 13W7, any comments?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2881
Subs: Re,Adire,JL,Kicker
Amps: JL,Kicker,Re,Adire.lol
Customer service: JL, Kicker, Adire, Re
Price: Kicker, Re, Adire, JL

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1783
BassManMike...
you brought up a good topic there...when i had my brahma 10", the glue was kinda weak...but when the spider separated from the basket Adire fixed it no questions asked. other than the occacional glue problem...adire is a A+++ company.

ucfsaxman,
you say that RE is nearly inaccessable...i know that you mean. i have had to call like 4 times just to get threw b4. RE is a small company that is going through a huge growth period. I kinda hate to say it, but RE may become a semi-mainstream company in the next few years. (as of right now, its no longer the underground company it once was...they is becoming more and more common in SPL comps.)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1784
Josh,

i like the SQ of a brahma MKII much more that the w7...but adire is coming out w/ the MKIII and i havnt got to hear it yet. when i had my brahma 10", the SQ was second to none....when i listened to rock, it sounded like a drum in my back seat.

if you can find a used brahma MKII and you give it a good box w/ ~1200wrms, you will not be dissapointed!

Bronze Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 76
wat would u suggest i get to hit as hard as possible i have a thunder 942 amp iw as looking at re but none of there subs will add up with 2 subs cause i wanted 2 10s but not sure wat to get but i was also thinking about 1 12" like sx or something i want e thoguh because of there sale right now

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1785
what is that thunder 942 rated at?

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 77
i think it got tested at 890 so about 900

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1787
~900 watts at what load? (ohms)

Post Number: 8
how does $400 sound for a brand new brahma 15 inch? sound like a good deal?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1789
$400 new...yea, its worth it. (but not for a used one)

my brahma 10" was ~$360 new.

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 78
235 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
470 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
940 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 795
one re sx would work on that amp.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1791
that thunder 942 would be a pretty good match for an RE SX.

Bronze Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 80
would that b worth it or would there b a combo that would b louder on that amp cause i was thinking 2 10" w6v2 cause i ideally want 2 10" but with re on sale i want them but they dont have 2 10s that would match up to that amp

Post Number: 9
thanx for all the advice marshall

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1755
"Has Adire fixed that glue problem yet?"

yop. and then some.
they have completely original glues produced by adire, in addition to the cyanoacrylates that they use exclusively (300.00/lb). They went balls to the wall (if you will) this time, likely to compensate for past inadequacies. The glue for the former joints (spider/cone/former connections) is a completely original high temperature blend that maintains over 3300 PSI of bonding strength at a temperature of 300 deg C. In order to rip a spider from the former takes around 400 pounds of force (not blo.ody likely).
similarly, the glue to hold the plate laminations and motor together: they dropped a Koda motor from 8 feet on to hard concrete. they shattered the aluminum basket, and cracked the magnet, but the motor stayed glued together.. and nothing shifted (sounds like a great commercial to me).
so yeah, i'd say they got that glue issue pretty much under control:-)

i wouldn't put jl behind any of them though. if it's one thing jl has among it's higher end drivers (and of course they have much more), it's integity/great build quality.

in my personal experience, kicker sux. flat out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1756
oh, and dan must be doin pretty darn well.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5020
Build quality, I'd give JL a slight advantage. Not that Adire/RE aren't built excellently as well, but you do see some overgluing and little (mainly cosmetic) flaws here and there.

Performance/Price is going to go to Adire and RE (pick your poison). JL is going to be the most expensive for what you get.

Sound quality is subjective. The Brahma/XXX/W7 are pretty equal performers at higher volumes. At highest volumes (pushing subs to the limit, beating the snot out of them basically), I'd give the W7 the advantage. Brahma/XXX are very, very close (difference is negligible). All are incredible speakers with flat BL curves, but the W7 has one advantage: a better suspension. For pure SQ I'd rather have a W6v2, a Koda, or an ID Max/IDQ.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1770
jonathan, what was that dyn sub you said was an extreme sq value? was it the 190?
and i also understand that these are pretty darn great sq subs:
http://www.tymphany.com/products_Peerless.html

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5026
Yup, the MW190. Focal makes some great sounding subs as well. Peerless subs are excellent as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us