Short wires / long wires

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 161
If i run my subs in parallel, and one set of wires going to one sub are longer than the other set from the other sub.. will the sub with shorter wires recieve the signal just a little bit faster? or will it even make a noticible difference?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3588
if its a short distance , i doubt it'll make any difference

but i'm a perfectionist & like 2 keep my stuff = @ all times , but thats just me -lol....

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 162
i think one set of wires is about 4 - 5 " and the other is around a foot and a half - 2 ft

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 91
why dont u cut the longer one?

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 163
i have the long wires coming from the terminal to the one sub, it goes into the terminal of the other sub, and the short wire comes from there, should i re-do this so the wires are the same length or does it matter

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 92
it doesnt really matter

Anonymous

oh come on. the speed at which electricity travels is way too great to make a diference in sound with a few extra feet of wires.

If you had an extra mile of wires, you could hear a slight timing difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 54
If you are worried about it and CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE DIFFERENCE! All you need to do is jump up one more size on your wire gauge(less resistence). Ex. if you are running 18awg use 16awg but I doubt if your ears are that good!! (:

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 173
my friend was makin his system like a month ago, and liek there was a wire he said the shorter it is the better it is.. like makes the something do something better... i think it was a wire from the amp... not sure... do you know what im talking about?

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 164
you mean to have a short ground wire?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 297
one could be 100 feet longer than the other, and you wouldnt be able to hear the difference. Think about when you are on the phone with somebody, you dont hear a delay unless you're talking to China or something.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 399
Electricity moves at the speed of light (theoretically). Inside a wire, it will be slower, but even if it reduced it 99%, the energy would still be travelling 300,000 m/s. It'll result in a 0.000002 second time difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us