Ohm question

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 122
if you have a dual 2 ohm sub for example the RE SX two of them, i can wire this up to 2 ohms and run my MTX 1501d on it?
i was thinking,first wire in series the dual vc then wire in paralell which makes 2 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3589
quick guide

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 273
not seeing the true powere of that amp at 2ohms, use dual 4ohm speakers

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1322
SX's only come in DVC 2 ohm.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1323
If you want a 2 ohm load with 2 DVC 2 ohm subs. You need to wire each individual sub in parallel for a 1 ohm load each. Then wire them together in series for a 2 ohm load.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1324
It was hard to find some decent information on the amp put if you run them both like i said they should both be getting around 750 watts each since the amp puts out 1500 RMS @ 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 279
i thought that amp was 1ohm stable, i guess it is not, or was it the older 1501s that were? not a great buy for 2ohm only stable unless it is cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 143
firstly thanks for the input, actually it can go down to 1 ohms, but a modification has to be done to the amp. and then it can play 2000rms at 1OHM. this is a serious amp if modded and fed the right power, that is what ive been told. but at the moment im using it as standard and its already blown audiobahns(they were underated)
now the thing is, i have a e36 318i and as some of you might already knwo that its very difficult to get bass threw into the cabin from the boot as it has been sealed very well, i have tested a JL W7 in the trunk with that amp and it was kicking like hell in the boot, but when sitting in the car it wasnt that loud. so, as the problem of getting RE audio to ship to uk, i am gogin towards MTX for subwofers, im thinking either two 15's or two 12's. if i go with the two 15"s ill have it down to 2 ohms, but the 9500 series delivers 1000rms each. So that would be 2000rms with both subs, and my amp only puts out 1500rms, so i would be underpowering them by 500 rms. But would it still be very loud?>
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us