Mobile video

ben wise
how do you install a mobile dvd so it plays while the vehicle is moving.

Anonymous
just install the dvd player and add your monitor. It doesnt just not play because the cars moving, thats only usually done by the actual car manufactures who hook a wire up to your shifter so it senses when the cars moving.

i have a mobile video in my mini van, but not tv tuner, can anyone tell how can i hook a tv to watch in lcd screen on my mini van.

in other word can i conect a tv in watch it in my lcd screen on my mini van.

thank you for your reply

Anonymous
jose yeah you can just buy ya a tuner your lcd should have a or some video in(s) run the tuner through them and whhhhaaalllaaa you have tv

I have a Pioneer XDV-P90 6 DVD-Changer and i want to hook it up to a front in-dash screen and a rear screen. I also have a Pioneer AVM-P8000r processor, my question is can i use something like an alpine CVA-1005 or 1006 or a Clarion VRX630 in-dash LCD or do i have to use explicitly a pioneer in-dash lcd to make use of the changer and the processor?

Username: Paziwa

Post Number: 4
have a mobile video in my mini van, but not tv tuner, can anyone tell how can i hook a tv to watch in lcd screen on my mini van.

in other word can i conect a tv in watch it in my lcd screen on my mini van.

Username: Shouder

Post Number: 5
First off ben wise i know your problem same thing happened to me when i installed mine.

If you have a pretty expensive indash lcd screen then you should have two long wires coming out usually violet and light green. One is to connect up to your back up lights go if you have a rear camera it automatacily goes on when you go in reverse, and the second ( the light green one, usually) connects to your ebrake. The green wire needs to be grounded. or at lease in my case it did. So i added a switch that grounded the wire when ever i wanted to watch something while driving. (or have my passenger watch something) plus the switch is a good idea because if you were to get pulled over you can just flip that switch because it is illegal to watch any dvd, or play game while the vechile is in motion. so if you flip the switch then you can show the cop that's it's impossible for u to watch anything while the vechile is in motion.

Jose Zavala and pangzhiwang mobile vidio problem

if your talking about a tv that has rabbit ears and using that as your tuner good luck getting recipition. but if want to do it anyway good luck. If your tv has a rf antenna out also known as coaxial then you can do it. go to radioshack and get some swicher that will accept rf and output rca's. Mostlikely it will be powered so you will need to get a power inverter. next just connect the tv to the swicher and then rca outputs to the rca imputs on the reciever. However if you luckly enough to have rca outputs on the tv then just connect the tv rca outputs to the rca inputs on the mobile video unit. Even though keep in mind that it would be much much easier to just but a tv tuner just for your mobile vidio system. I'm not even sure if tv's even have antenna outputs and usually only expensive tv's have rca's outputs.

Bronze Member
Username: Texaca

Post Number: 11
REF: Walmart Durabrand 6.5" DVD mobile player PVS1680

Has anyone seen or heard or has any feedback on a mobiel DVD unit sold at WalMart, under their brand name: Durabrand...

see link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=62055&dept=3944&product_id=236095 6&path=0%3A3944%3A62055%3A62056

they unit is regular $186, even at this price its cheaper than most units on market, but I've seen them on clearance for $172...

Just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the unit... It can be used as a monitor, or component player according to the specs on box...

-- thx, Alfredo

Bronze Member
Username: Texaca

Post Number: 12
sorry the URL to WalMart is cut off...

it is:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=62055&dept=3944&product_id=236095 6&path=0%3A3944%3A62055%3A62056

Anonymous

i have a phoenix digital dvd/mp3/cd player model number pd-178 but i lost the remote control to it. can anybody tell me the make and model number of the remote. this company has no phone numbers for technical help, no address no nothing! any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

HELLO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I GOT AN INDASH CAR TV BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO HOOK IT UP .DOES THE GREEN CABLE NEEDS TO BE HOOK UP TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE SCREEN OR WHAT,WHERE DO YOU CONNECT THE GREEN CABLE TO,THANK YOU

Username: Lazarus

Keyport, New Jersey

Post Number: 2
Hey Tim,
I have seen bypass switches for Alpine. Are they universal?

losdogg
Unregistered guest
i have a kenwood 922 and a ma audio monter how do you hook it up please help me

xifjl;gt
Unregistered guest
i have a phoenix digital tv screen i want to hook up to a ps2 how do i do it? and i also have an after market stereo with 2 rca jacks in it can some one help

notaniceguy
Unregistered guest
how do you hook up your PS2 to your home TV???
sorry but people that can't figure THIS out, should be slapped so hard their parents spin around.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 57
wow this post is getting really old. Lazarus you may have already solved your problem, but here you go. Universal, yes, but in a limited sense. Alpine uses a completly different system from at least pioneer. Apline, requires you to go through a whole sequence of putting the car in part, putting on the brakes, doing something, i don't remember what, and then releaseing the brakes. However, i believe that the switch still may work with other units although the saftey is different.

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic cyvmd9000 in dash dvd/navigation system. Previous to this purchase, I had a Durabrand PVS1960 dual screen DVd system. I would like to combine the two so the dash system utilizes the monitors in the back. Problem is, the durabrand (walmart) has 1 cable that has everything, power, a/v all in one. Are there adapters available to get around this problem?

Thanks.

Alan

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 70
i don't know either of those products you mentioned. but if you install both of those in the car and then hook up the A/V outputs of the panasonic to the A/V inputs on the durabrand, that should work.

treal
Unregistered guest
i hooked up a toggle switch in a 2000 galant for the pioneer and once he left his speedometer did't work and check engine light came on. once disconnected his car worked fine. anyone have any answer for that?

Unregistered guest
Is there a way I can hook cable up to my mobile entertainment system

Anonymous

can any one teach me how to downlode mobile phone video clip

Unregistered guest
I bought an Alpine in-dash DVD player and car toys installed it to where i cant have video feed while the car is on or when it is moving. i want to know how to defeat this to where i can have picture while driving. Is there a way?? please help me.

Anonymous

hi,
i have brought a in-dash full colour tft lcd monitor for my car and i was woudnering if some1 could please help me,
it has 4 wires coming out the back and 2 in slots for video ,
i have a yellow wire which is for positve on the battery
i have a black wire which is for negitive on the battery
then heres the bit i do not understand ,
i have a blue and a red wire
the blue wire says to connet to the backuplight but i dont no how to do that and what the backuplight it !!!
and the red wire says to go to the acc but i do not no what that is !!
please can some1 help
please e-mail me if you can help my e-mail is davie671@btinternet.com
many thanks
Mike

Unregistered guest
Hi

I have come across 2 lcd screens that I would like to add to my dvd player in my truck. The lcd plug is a 6 pin plug. The name brand on the lcd is autovision. The pin has 5 wires.

Black
Red
Green
Blue
Gray (clear)

I tried to hook up the red to power and black to ground and green to a RCA jack plug, but I get nothing on the lcd screens. Help. I wanted to make it with an rca video output to hook it up to my dvd player. Does anyone know how to get these things to work?

post or email me with any info at samtinie@yahoo.com
Thanks
Sam

Anonymous

jayhson,
i have a indash pyle ty/dvd screen and was wondering if i get tvs for the headrest could i use the dvd player off the indash player.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 30
Anonymous, the red goes to switched power, that means with the key on the wire powers on and when key oof, no power, also blue may need to be grounded, depending on the unit, also if you are runnig more then one screen, get a video amp, especially on cheaper products. You are basically splitty the signals.

Username: Dollarbill86

Post Number: 1
???can any one help me???
a friend gave me a screen n i need help hooking it up... its for a head rest i think the brand is sharp but i dont know what wires go were...it has both wires harnes's but the long one might b missing wires... !!!HELP!!!

leiva
Unregistered guest
i just bought a pyle indash dvd and i just want to know if i need a "brain" or a tuner, if not what do i hook my speakers up to to hear the dvd player.

Anonymous

GREAT NEWS! There is an affordable In Dash DVD/TV tuner/MP3/WMA/SD card/etc. It is the Jensen VM9510TS. By the way it is also touch screen. All different formats on the DVD player R+ and R-. Tax shipping and everything I payed 662 at CarAdioDeals.com. I still have not installed it and wanted to know also how to bypass the wires to make it able to play while driving. This one has two wires. One pink that goes to parking brake switch and the other to the Gearbox. Do I just ground the two? Any help would be great. I'll let you know of the quality of this thing when it is installed.

Unregistered guest
I have a in dash tv to install in 96 caddy deville but the tuner has no speaker wire so, if I hook it up all I will get is audio through my subwoofers is that correct? Tv came with no brain unit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1392
there should be speaker wire some where with the unit, what kind is it?

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 32
i just got 2 lcd screens there 5.6" for free they came with all the old cables and everything. and i got them to work powering them with a 110 to 12v convertor in my room and the one was working fine then it keeps going in and out turning a bright white color then going back to normal and the other one works but the picture has a real bad blue tint to it anyone know what could be wrong with these. not sure if its the cables or what

Gold Member

Post Number: 1396
it rally sounds like the tvs are bad, thats why they were prob free.

Anonymous

should i connect the mobile DVD system to the accessory switch wire or the ignition wire switch. I have a honda odessey van. Is there any drawbacks if you connect to ignition wire.

veedubkid
Unregistered guest
Anonymous, about that jensen VM9510TS deck you bought I just got the same one did you ever find out how to bypass the video lock out and what do you think the quality of the units is before I install it I only paid 612.00+s&h but will resale it if you think its crap. please e-mail me asap veedubkid2002@yahoo.com thanks for your help

Unregistered guest
I have a merc sprinter van and I would like to be able to watch TV in it, Can anyone tell me what I need i.e do i need an invertor etc.

Username: Mega1403

can any one help me i bought a alpine iva c800 without a brain is there away to use it without having to get the brain. like just hooking it up to a dvd player any suggestions would help thank you

Username: Blockcolski03

Stillwater, Oklahoma Us

hey does anyone know how to bypass the parking brake feature on the jensen vm9311?

Username: Shawn5243

i have a 2002 mitsubishi galant 4 cylinder and when i unhooked the factory stereo the speedometer stopped working does any one know how to fix this email me at shawn5243@yahoo.com

Username: Katdaddy

Does anybody know anything about the Pioneer AVH-P6800. Any good? Do you know if the ole parking brake ground trick, works on this model? I'm narrowed down to this one or a Kenwood DDX-8017.BTW does that same e-brake mod work with the kenwood model too?
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us