Sad news... I think my crap is dying...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 847
I had posted on here about 3 monthes ago about how my amp went bad and I sent it in under warranty and got it fixed. However when I got it back it didn't seem like it had as much power to it. Well, I don't know what is going on now, but my subs are barely audible now... I have a Alpine HU and a Xtant amp, I have the sub output set at 15 (as high as it goes) and the gain on the amp set pretty high, well over the 4v that the preouts on my HU are supposed to be. I am sooo sad :-( , I can't afford to spend any money right now....

It has been so cold lately, but I have been reading on here that subs and amps shouldn't be affected by cold as long as you don't pound them right away. Anyway, maybe there is something that I am over looking any help would be great, if not I just wanted to share my sadness....

BTW, by cold, I mean it was -8F at my house this morning, yeah....

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 400
Is there any warranty left on that amp still? If it is, send it right back and say it wasn't fixed.

Sorry to hear about your loss man, and hope it all works out for ya

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 848
Thanks James, I do still have warranty left on my amp, but I hate having to pay to ship it to them.

BTW, if anyone can confirm this maybe this is the problem. Since Xtant uses fully regulated power supplies in their amps, I heard that they will just keep having less output if they don't get the current that they need. Maybe is this a sign that my alt is going bad? Thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 125
What kind of alternator you got? amps? Maybe so, sounds like there is no current. Get the alternator check out for free. Couldnt hurt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us