Cold Out

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 157
When its cold outside i sometimes notice theres frost on my sub, is this bad for them? should i play music on low volume for a while to warm them up? any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1723
frost on your sub!

yea....start out low w/ em in your case...lol

dam, it much be a cold b!tch where you live.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 394
Upload Never heard that before!! How cold do it get??

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 395
ahhh, noticed your from Canada too. That explains it,lol. I live in NL and it get's really cold here too. Never heard tell of frost tho.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 846
I think that is a bad sign, that probably means for some reason you have moisture in your trunk, which obviously isn't good for anything electrical. You better check that out!!

Billup
Unregistered guest
happens to me too in the winter, live around Buffalo...you can definitley notice a difference in the subs from when you first turn the car on to after they get a little warmed up.

Bronze Member
Username: Dropthatbass

Minnesota US

Post Number: 68
ive heard that before Shawn M, last year when my bro and i drove to school there was frost on his subs so now we started parking our cars in the garge with a heater and that stopped the problem

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 158
im gonna get a car heater for under my dash to plug in so i dont have to warm my car up alot in the morning.. could i get another for in my trunk? id have to make sure theres nothing that could catch fire. but i guess i could fold down my back seats and let the one heater keep my trunk warm. but yea.. im from saskatchewan and it gets kinda cold here.. hunters from the u.s. that come to my town think they're gonna die because they think its soo cold, lol.. im not an eskimo or anything if thats what you all think.. lmao just thought of an eskimo with a pounding stereo on the back of they're skidoo, lol

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 159
im gonna get a car heater for under my dash to plug in so i dont have to warm my car up alot in the morning.. could i get another for in my trunk? id have to make sure theres nothing that could catch fire. but i guess i could fold down my back seats and let the one heater keep my trunk warm. but yea.. im from saskatchewan and it gets kinda cold here.. hunters from the u.s. that come to my town think they're gonna die because they think its soo cold, lol.. im not an eskimo or anything if thats what you all think.. lmao just thought of an eskimo with a pounding stereo on the back of they're skidoo, lol

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 165
also.. whats with my hu.. when its cold, the letter that are susposed to be black only have a white outline, after a bit the letters finally turn black.. anyone know why?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 442
mine does that to....it's just where it's extremely cold and the lcd needs to warm up

Silver Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 168
yea, thats what i was thinking, i just detach my faceplate and bring it in for the night.. i have my car run for about 10 - 15 mins to warm up and i leave my stereo on on low volume for that time, is that enough to warm up my subs? i usually drive a bit before i turn the volume up more, so its more like 15 - 20 mins, is that enough?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us