Amp adjustments

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 144
What would be the best settings to put the amp at for my kicker L7, i adjusted the settings a lot and i can never get it to sound how i want it. For the LPF setting is it better to turn it up or turn it down or keep it in the middle to hit the deepest bass notes

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 145
bump

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 679
You have to understand what each of the settings do to get waht you want.

LPF = Low Pass Filter
This setting lets everything under the frequency through. So you don't get vocals coming out of your sub. Should be set around 80ish

HPF = High Pass Filter or SubSonic Filter
Does the opposite of LPF. Should be set a little below the tuning of your ported box or not set or set low on a sealed box.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 146
What would be the best spot to adjust the amp gain level and the amp bass boost at, because i noticed if i have the bass boost and gain almost like all the way up the bass sounds really funny and it sounds like it distorts or expands or sumthing so then i turned the stuff down a lil more and the bass sounds a lot better. but where do u think the best spot to adjust it at should be for the best deepest cleanest bass.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 147
What would be the best spot to adjust the amp gain level and the amp bass boost at, because i noticed if i have the bass boost and gain almost like all the way up the bass sounds really funny and it sounds like it distorts or expands or sumthing so then i turned the stuff down a lil more and the bass sounds a lot better. but where do u think the best spot to adjust it at should be for the best deepest cleanest bass. Because I hate how I have to adjust the settings everytime so im just trying to find a perfect setting so I won't have to mess with the settings anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 488
The gain just depends on the output level of your head unit. It's not meant to be used as a volume control. Also, what you're hearing is clipping, which can very easily damage your subwoofers.

About the bass boost...I guess it's a personal preference really..just have your music at the volume level you like, and slowly adjust it, making sure you're not turning it to the point where it's going to distort at the level you like.

Seth

Anonymous

the amp gain should match the voltage of the headunit. (ie. headunit has 4V RCA connected to amp = set amp gain to 4V)

base boost increases the base at a certain frequency. I personally have the boost set between 1/4 and 1/2. but I would never set it all the way cause too much base can make your amp clip and ruin your sub. plus if going for a sq setup, too much base at the same frequency is unnatural compared to the original recording.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 148
im going for spl setup and idk how to tell what my headunit is cuz im using a stock headunit its in my 2002 impala. I thought the gain level control was always for if u wanted more or less bass in ur music?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us