How do I wire parallel?

Username: One_loud_vett

Belmont, NH Usa

Post Number: 3
Can someone please explain exactly how do I wire my amp parallel?I know I run my amp in mono but does it matter which + & - I hook it to & do I run a small jumper wire to attach the 2 left over?Also If I do this am I Going from 50 watts rms to 200 watts rms to each sub?I have 2 rockford punch he (rfp4810) subs they are 8 ohm subs 200-400watts & a punch 200ix amp rated at 100 watts rms x 2 at 4 ohm or 400 watts rms x1 at 4 ohms.Right now I'm running the 8 ohm subs off the 2 channels which I think brings the 100watt to 50 watts.I thought the subs couldnt handle the amp but maybe I'm not powering them enough.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3509
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Username: Bigchevy4x4

New york, New york Us

Post Number: 3
no no no dont wire in parallel if it an 8 ohm sub. you need to wire in series.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2839
run them in parallel and u will get a 4 ohm load which should fit ur subs nice, if they are 200 rms

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 241
It should tell you on the amp which two to use.
then connect all the pos off amp to both pos on speaker and neg off amp to both neg on speakers.

and you want to wire it in parallel to lower the impedance to 4ohm. wiring it in series would increase the impedance to 16ohm.
translation, more resistance (higher ohm# #), less power.

Username: One_loud_vett

Belmont, NH Usa

Post Number: 4
Awesome thanks for the info.They hit so hard I think I got a cuncusion!Ok maybe not but much better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us