Sub not loud

Username: Pimpin_it_out

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have a kicker comp cvr12. I put in a ported box like they said we wired it up and it has the acrylic face over the sub. but when we were tuning it in, it made funny noises and rattled and desorted. Is this maybe coz the box is to small for the sub or coz the sub isn't sealed probably?

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 57
probably both

Post Number: 2
do you think it is just a better idea to get a new box coz i can get one for cheap and that way it will fit and be the proper size but i want the acrylic face for the neon.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 381
what amp are you running it on? You could be underpowering it/overpowering. It is best to have the box the exact size for the sub. Always match the cubic feet up. If you decided to build a box, make sure it's 100% sealed in all corners. Ported boxes often make noise anyways called "port noise", but the sub shouldn't be distorting.

Bronze Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 69
make it a plexiglass box.. that would be sick... put some lights in that box... YEAH...

Post Number: 3
yeah i have neons in it but its just crap... i have the right powered amp for it but i have just got a new box :-( i wanted the plexiglass one... it looked nioce. I have heard port noises and this isn't a port noise. Do u think i should pask the sub box or not?

Username: Bigchevy4x4

New york, New york Us

Post Number: 1
dude make sure your sub is hooked up corretcly as in the positive and the negitive my buddy did the same thing and he has the kicker comps also. just give it a try?oh yea just my two cents but but bandpass or as you would say plexiglass is a waist of time you dont get very good sound.get a ported box made with m.d.f

Post Number: 4
It not all plexiglass... Yeah its front is just the front thats plexiglass. But the rest is made out of chipboard...lol i know. umm its a dual voice coil so i will try hooking 2 amps up to it and seeing how it sounds then. Thanks guys

Username: Bigchevy4x4

New york, New york Us

Post Number: 5
two amp is not nessassery if you wire the sub in series you wont need it. what you do is take one negative and hook it to the positive of the other voice coil.so you have a wire going to the positive side of one voice coil to the negitive of the other voice coil. then hook up the amp to the nessessery + and - and it will work good!

Post Number: 5
Even if it is a dual voice coil??? don't you wire it differently?

mudripper389
Unregistered guest
http://www.audiobahn.com/frame2004.html
take a look at this link it will tell you everything you need to know.

Post Number: 6
Thanks heaps

Post Number: 7
Hey this sub box has 4 port holes should i close 2 off so i just have 2 ports or how many should i close off? There about 2inches wide in diametre and 5 inches long.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 337
if it is a dual 4, you probably can not run it bridged, never told us what amp your running, but I would bet unless it is a mono amp it is not stable bridged.

Post Number: 8
The sub and box it all good now all i need to know is about these ports now. I got the sub working and its all good but i was just wondering about the ports now coz it has four and maybe thats why its not very bassy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us