Help Decide...

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 38
I have a regular cab Nissan Truck and sitting in my room i have 2 jl 10"w0's 1 10" W1 1 10" Alpine Type R( i don't think it will fit) I am open to any sudgestions on what i should buy to put in or what i should put in to go with 2 10's or 1 Im looking for something Loud with Plenty of SQ But it has to fit in the almost impossibly small space behiend seat.

I am running Eclipse 5435 deck
DLS Refference series amp But may consider my 600w class D Planet Audio amp As sub amp.
And Morel 5 1/4 Component Speekers
May Buy Morel 5 1/4 Coaxels aswell.

But i need a subwoofer that is small to fit behiend seat and Good sound Quality Aswell as bass.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3813
well if the jl's will fit since it wont cost you any money out of pocket id try making the 10's fit and with a 4.43 in. mounting depth we should be able to find somewhere to put them whether its the doors kickpods on the front floors the dashboard even lol or making a cylindrical enclosure behind your seat heck even roof mount but that probably isnt legal but ive seen it done in a different kind of vehicle than yours

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3814
are these the subs you have http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=15

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yes i have an older 10w1v2 and 2 older WO's but there different.. but on my W1 the Wires to the voice coil are fried i believe, i was wondering if i could solder speeker wire in its place? just because when i put power to the sub nothing happens. my type r is an older type zr aswell with a mounting depth of about 8" and its crazy loud for a 10" but i don't think it will fit. i was advised that 1 10" WO would be good and do the job in the right box.. but i want something that will get loud the sub will be taking about 280 watts i was also thinking of a memphis 10" sub.

I can put subs in the doors?? and my components will be in kick pods on front floors in corners.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
NVM ive got it figured im gonna put a morel 10" sub in they have a 2.9" mounting depth so it will fit nice and they sound incredible
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us