Question about my setup


New member
Username: Lbown71

Post Number: 6
Registered: Dec-05
this may be a dumb question but i'm kinda new to all this. if i just wanted to hook up 1 sub and 1 sub amp to my car would i need to put in a new HU or anything else?

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 54
Registered: Nov-05
you might, depends if urs has a preamp out

New member
Username: Lbown71

Post Number: 8
Registered: Dec-05
well i have a 2000 ford explorer so i'm guessin it doesnt have a preamp out. lol

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 267
Registered: Dec-04
you dont have to have a preamp out, you can get a line output converter, basically it converts your high levels to your speakers into a line level your amp can accept. some amps even have these internally. It is not the best choice for sound quality, but it will suffice. If you just want to do a simple, budget system, this is fine. They're pretty simple to install as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us