Ilo CA3000V

Peter2005
Unregistered guest
ilo ca300v sold in Walmart USA can play MPEG4 video files, but only allows you to play about 30 seconds. anyone knows how to make it continually playing...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3639084

Anonymous

LOL!!

You Would Have Been Better Buying A Pyle Indash DVD Player For Like $200 More.

Atleast It Wouldn't Have Been That Garbage.

Anonymous

CA300V (ILO) To disable the 30s video playback,
On SD mode (No SD card inserted), press 2828. Then the display will show "ACTIVATE". It will enable again when power OFF or ACC OFF.

Peter2005
Unregistered guest
Thanks, it works...

aNiMeMaN14
Unregistered guest
Can either of you tell me how well the faceplate works? I'm interested in buying it, but I heard some nonsense about how I'd have to rename all my MP3s for the radio to recognize it. That's crap. Also, how's the audio quality?

Username: Dunarth

Post Number: 1
Hey Anonymous, do you have a link to where you got this info or do you have an in with the iLo people? Also does anyone know if it's possible to use the XM RCA jacks as a standard AUX in?

car stereo
Unregistered guest
I am interested in purchasing ilo CA3000V. Any comments will be helpful. Thank you

Anonymous

I just bought it; it is the equivalent of a book with a nice cover, but a terrible story. Doesnt read ID3 tags, has no way to search or fast forward through your mp3s. The reason they put a 30 second delay on the video is because after 30 seconds the video and sound will not be synched together. They also put a 1-0 number pad on the faceplate, you'd think wow at least that makes up for the lack of a search function for a cd with 150 mp3s, I can just type the number in... WRONG, 1=track 1, 2=track 2..., 0=track 10, and thats it 1-10! Who the hell burns or let alone puts a cd out with only 10 tracks. The only use I find for this unit is to impress some technologically unsaavy bar mistress into thinking you are a rich guy, or if you have nothing better to do, like me.

Anonymous

It's a waste of time. Not to mention the post above about 1-0 buttons and no search or ID3 tags, but also the buttons are TERRIBLY unresponsive. If you turn the jog wheel to advance to the next track, you'll be lucky to have it change on the first try. I normally have to spin the jog wheel 2 or 3 times before it actually changes the song. The buttons are the same way. If you don't push them as hard as possible, it won't respond, and even if you do push them in with some force, they may not respond. Also, there are 4 built-in displays on the TFT screen, which are a fireplace, the Eiffel tower & clouds, a simulation of driving down the street and a blue visualization that looks like something from Windows Media Player. The default view is a red background in radio mode with a wireframe globe (ugly) and a green background in cd mode with the wireframe globe (ugly). THERE IS NO WAY TO KEEP A BACKGROUND IN MEMORY! This means if you like the Eiffel tower as your display, you have to push the DISP button 3 times every time you turn the radio on. EXTREMELY annoying. This unit is NOT worth the money. Take the advice and get a Pyle.

cynithalou
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me where I can get a new faceplate for my CA3000V? Maybe a homepage or customer service. I called the tech number and was transferred to a voice mail.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Other than Anonymous, is there anyone else who has information on using the Ilo CA3000V on a daily basis? Please post.

Jason e
Unregistered guest
Well I bought one because it was cheap and can read off my sd card. I plan on installing it in a day or two and will give my thoughts for sure on it. If it trully does suck I plan on returning it. As fo rthe 30 second play back its like that because it is against the law to have any video running where the driver can see it.
As far as the comment on not being able to ff FR a mp3 or cd track maybe you should read the manual????? If you press the catagory up down button during playback it will do so:P:P.
As for not being able to select a track past 10 there isnt anything in the manual about that but I am sure there has to be something to press and was a thought in the making of the unit. If I figure it out I will let you know on that AND if the video over 30 seconds doesnt stay together.

Jason e
Unregistered guest
Installed it today. I dont know or understand why the few have chimed in and talked crap about this radio. IMO for a cheap radio this one kick some butt! My good speakers havent come in yet and running my stock ones (88 TA 6x9 in the rear and 4x6 in the front) and it sound a hell of alot better the the stock radio. Had more bass and mids and was able to turn up much louder the the stock ever could before distorting the speakers.

The unit looks very nice and sound quality wasnt bad. You need to keep in mind that if you have cheap stock tiny speakers (like 5 1/4 or 6 1/2) your not going to get much of an improvement. So if you are buying this in hopes you car is going to thump on tiny speakers for get it. If you have some 6x9's or a speaker box I think you will be happy.
Played music fine off my SD card. Yes you may have to re-name your songs but its a sd card not a cd. So stick all your music in a file and rename them all. I havent tried a photo or video file yet but I had to chime in that sound quality and the rotating dial is not an issue.

The rotating dial may not have registered for you because your not giving it enough time. There is a half a second delay switching tracks. Turn the dial, wait for the beep, then turn the dial again no biggie.

I was actually worried myself after reading some of the comments but after installing it I am more then happy with what I paid and got. XM I will most likly never use considering Im paying for yahoo and can put ALOT of songs on a 512mb card. No sense in paying for the sat option when Im paying for yahoo and can put songs I like on the card and listen to it for hours on end before it starts to replay the songs over again :P

Anyway my 2 cents. I dont think it is half as bad as some made it out to be.

Username: Legendlc

My mother in law got one of these for me to use untill I finish my car-pc. Does anyone know of a way to make this thing play a 2 gig sd card. Also I have no owners manuel how to you rename and tag the files to use on the sd card slot.

Username: Cashcollecta56

I was wondering also if there is a code or something to use a 1 gig sd card...

Username: Misskaos

My iLO came with my car when we bought it. I have tried to contact my local Wal-Mart and the toll free number to get a website or point of contact for iLO...no luck. Can anyone give me a toll free number to iLO or give me a website? Is an online manual available?

Username: Slyj

Some pretty picky people on here. I've got this stereo and I'm impressed with it as is most I know that's seen it do it's magic. It's true, no mp3 id tags are read. But I'll trade that for the veritility of having an SD slot any day. The 30 second limit on the videos? No problemo folks. Click on the SD mode without your card in there, punch in the numbers 2828, push in your card and your in bizness! For 170 bucks you can't go wrong man. The sounds great, radio reception is great on mine. That one guy must live in the middle of nowhere to be crying about his reception. Overall I am pleased and think most others will be too when looking for a stereo in the under 200 dollar range. Kinda nice to stick in a 512 mb card with a two hour mp4 movie on there and be able to watch it. Just be careful driving!

Username: Rudely

Hi people, i just bought the deck at wal mart tonight bcause my old panasonic gave up the ghost today, I was looking at cheaper decks round the 100 dollar range its for my toy car, not a daily driver, I found this deck brand new for 139.00 on sale. hooked it all up and got my subs and stuff all working fine, sounds great, then I was gonna take it for a ride to a buddies house and turned on my heasd lights, the decks fgoes off. wtf... dunno its dark now will have to mess with it tommorow. may have to run it strtaight to the battery. Btw, thier website is www.18002526123.com no bs!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us