Changed car battery ,,,,,,now??????????

Bronze Member
Username: Seascape

Ohio

Post Number: 17
I had my system professionally installed and everything was fine. I had to change my car battery and now i get poor sound. The green light appears on my amp and no fuses appear blown on the amp.

However i did not turn my head unit off before i removed my old battery which was fine just struggled the other day in the cold 1 time so i changed it. Could i have lost all my audio setting in my equalizer? The unit was off when i fired the jeep back up and i know my LOUDNESS option was off when in fact i had it on HI. Could i have lost all that hard work in this manner?
My HU is a DEH P4700MP Pioneer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Username: Pro_installer

EDINA, MN USA

Post Number: 1
YES YOU PROBABLY LOST ALL OF YOUR SAVED EQ SETTINGS. THE PURPOSE OF THE LOUD BUTTON IS FOR LOW VOLUME LISTENING. HUMANS DONT HEAR ALL FREQUENCIES AT EQUAL LEVELS AND WE HAVE ROLL OFF OF HIGH AND LOW FREQUENCIES AT LOW VOLUME LEVELS SO THE BRANDS DEVELOPED A "LOUD" CIRCUIT TO RAISE THE LEVELS OF THE HIGH AND LOW FREQUENCIES. USING THIS SETTING AT HIGHER VOLUME LEVELS ADDS DISTORTION AND COULD POTENTIALY BLOW SPEAKERS. BUT ITS YOUR CAR SO PLAY IT ANY WAY YOU LIKE!

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 18
Ya ive always used loudness and personally think the crunch is tighter when in use. But anyhow ,, thats a real disappointment to me for i struggled dearly getting my curves set and they still werent perfect. Been tweaking it for 2 months i think. Gotta start all over. This was my 1st HU w/ a internal EQ and im not impressed . I would like to override the internal EQ w/ a dash mount. Is that possible?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2311
Basically any modern head unit loses its settings from power loss within a ten minute span of time...most as little as fifteen seconds.

You can just keep your default settings on the head unit and use an external EQ to compensate. Though I wouldn't suggest that as the internal EQ would probably sound better than any external EQ.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 19
Ok Jexx. I didnt figure running a EQ through this head was going to work. But i really am not impressed w/ this internal EQ. Ive been fiddleing with it for 4 days now and still cant get it to sound the way i want,, or as good as it did. Which wasnt perfect if you ask me.

So what do i do? Buy a new HU w/ no internal EQ and buy a dash mount EQ? Sounds great to me. Any particular HU you recomend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us