Component speakers


Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 22
Registered: Dec-05
What do you mean when you use this term and how are they different than other speakers. I have been looking at some different ones and they say component set and they have 2 speakers and 1or2 small boxes with them. What are the small boxes. Just learning all the terminoligy so bear with me. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 261
Registered: Sep-05
They are crossovers normally a mid and a tweet with them,

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 367
Registered: May-05
component speakers separate the mids and highs by having 2 speakers a mid range driver and a tweeter by doing this each speaker produces more clarity and SQ. with components you get a crossover to fine tune the fq cutoff for each set of speakers so that way the speakers can play in the range that they were designed for and don't have to strain to produce certain FQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 38
Registered: Dec-05
Thanks for the explinations!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us