Rockford t20001bd

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 210
in the manual it says that you can get 2000 RMS with 1 ohm per channel....this is a mono amp but it has 2 negatives and two positives...so im guessing there are two channels....in the pictures in the manual it has 1 sub hooked up to one of the channels (so a wire to a neg. and a pos. and the other two neg. and pos.are left open...so i supose you would get 1000 RMS out of the one speaker...is that right?? and then if u attach another one ohm speaker to the other neg and pos. each speaker would get 500 RMS right...making it 1000 RMS total...is this righ???

does 2000 watts time 1...@ one ohm per channel mean that u can have 1 ohm on one channel...or two 1 ohm speakers on two channels....and get the same wattage (2000 RMS)??

thats kind of confusing sorry

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 258
no, it is mono, it allows you to hook up two speakers, but it is still a mono amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
so instead of wiring two subs together to get 1 ohm...i should get 2 2 ohms DVC and wire each of them individulay to 1 ohm...and put each one into a channel...and the amp will still be running at 1 ohm...even though there are 2 sets of one ohm..one ohm into two channel???

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
so i gues what im trying to say is...if u wire two one ohm speakers...one to each channel of a mono amp....it still is a grand total of one ohm??? so the amp will play at the rated watts for 1 ohm....even if u have 2 separate one ohm speakers ..one to each channel??? is that right?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1708
that amp is a 1ch amp...it just has extra connections to make it easier to wire more than 1 sub to it. (both the +'s are the same channel...so are the -'s....the 1ch is just split into two connections)

if you get two 2ohm subs and wire then in parrallel to that amp...you will get a 1ohm load. If you get two 1ohm subs and wire them in parrallel to the amp you will get a .5ohm load and the amp will prolly go into protection (not a good thing).

(yes, that T2000 will put out 2000w+ at 1ohm)

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
heres what i was trying to figure out...tell me if this is right

there are 2 + and 2 - cause they don't want you to bunch up 2 cables in to one terminal. if you only have one sub then you only need to use one set of terminals and if you have two subs then you would use both sets terminals. either way your amp will put out its rated power even if you don't use both sets of terminals

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1199
hey that sounds familiar. lol. read marshall's post. doesn't it pretty much say the same thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
chad read the last post i made on mono amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us