How would YOU connect an ipod to your car

uber-newb
Unregistered guest
how would YOU connect an ipod to your car stereo if all you had was an amp, speakers and all the neccasary cables (inc. power (and any other cables you need)) without buying anything else :-)
lol could u do it?
plz tell

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 54
You can, but the voltage coming out of your ipod is so low, that it will sound like garbage on your system.

uber-newby
Unregistered guest
even with an amp vincent? (if your saying it needs to be pre-amplyfied, i would think all amps have a built-in preamps) please explain

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 352
the only way that's going to be worth listening to is if you bought an ipod adapter. You said without buying anything, but if will be crap if you don't, even if it works at all.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1709
"how would YOU connect an ipod to your car stereo if all you had was an amp, speakers and all the neccasary cables (inc. power (and any other cables you need)) without buying anything else"

answer---i wouldnt.

if i was broke, i would save up just a lil $ and grab somthing like this:

http://www.sounddomain.com/item/SCOFMTRNS01

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 56
alpine makes decks that can you can connect ipods too. but that's definately not a cheap hook up, especially after you buy the ipod interface. every fm transmitter i've heard sucks horribly.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1195
brett have you heard the ipod with the interface before? if so, how does it sound? curious cause i have a pioneer deck and i just ordered the ipod interface for it.

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 150
i hooked my ipod up through the auxillary from the back of my pioneer head unit with an adaptor that has the red and white heads on the wires for a multi cd changer or dvd player, i got it on ebay for like $20 and then a speaker wire that would plug in like head phones to my ipod and then that plugged right into my pioneer and i just put it on auxliary and it sounds great for $25 instead of the ipod interface made for pioneer that is like $120 or more some places

Username: Kevho66

Spring, TX United States

Post Number: 6
I have the Alpine setup and I love it. It is not cheap but it is worth the money. 250 for the head and around 99 for the interface. I am the envy of all my friends....no more cd's to f#*@ with.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1222
i got one off ebay for $65 shipped. i have the pioneer avh-p5700dvd head unit so i want to be able to control the ipod from my head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 253
I had the iPod interface with my alpine and I HATED it! I had about 2000 songs on it and it took a long time to actually get the song you wanted. The thing I didn't like about the adapter was the ipod controls would not work when it was connected. I dropped the interface and used the aux input with the belkin car adapter. (it integrated power and audio in one cable, and the stereo jack is in the the plug for the cigarette adapter)...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1223
baseball you mean each song took too long to load?

uber-newb
Unregistered guest
brett i agree (fm transmiters are sucky)
what about if you didnt have an ipod (say mp3 like an iRiver or watever with headones lol).. coz i always thought you can connect it like this: using a rca (going from the AMP's IN) to-a-minijack (pluged straight into the headpones OUTput)
why wouldn't it work???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us