Question on MB Quarts in BMW??

Username: Kim540

Post Number: 1
I was curious what people thought about mbquart's, specifically the Premier Series (PCE) 5.25 components.

I have a 1997 540/6 currently w/ the Boston Acoustic Pro series serperates in front and co-axials in the rear. I do NOT like the way they sound. For some reason the bass is very muddy, even at very low volumes. I upgraded the factory amp to an Alpine 4channel (45 watts RMS).

I listened to the mbquarts today, and LOVE the way they sound, and I have had them previously in my other cars.

does anyone have any experience with this set and/or my type of car. Sorry if this post was a little long,

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Kim.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 640
MB Quart speakers are great, some people don't like the way they sound, same with Boston Acoustics. some say they have their own sound. idk, i like them both.

your problem might be too low a crossover frequency for the speakers or your using the HU and amp crossovers, you only want to use one or the other, usually the HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 71
I like the pros way better the nthe quarts any day of the week. I'd have to say, take a look at the settings on the amp you installed and maybe tweak it that way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us