Alpine, Eclipse, or Premier

joseph96
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a new deck. I have been looking at these three brands and I have decided that I would like to get an Iva-D310 from Alpine, or the cd8455 from Eclipse, or the DEH-P960MP from Premier. Which deck overall would be the better choice?

joseph96
Unregistered guest
bump

joseph96
Unregistered guest
bump

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2671
I whould go Eclipse CD8455 out of those. Better overall HU and more options.

joseph96
Unregistered guest
Thanks, oh and by the way do you know if it has someway of it not getting stolen or something like the faceplate coming off or something? I just got my Alpine CDA-9855 stolen (forgot to take the face off).

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2672
OUch.. yeah you wanna make sure you get a head unit that has a detachable face and you wanna keep a habit of always removing it because you dont want anybody looking inside your car even if your parked for 1 min or 2 min. You never know. Eclipse and Kenwood Excelon's and Pioneer Premiers are top of the line decks right now in my opinion aswell as Clarion and Nakamichi if you can find them at the store. Eclipse's unit will not work if its stolen if you lock the HU with your key cd but to a crackhead on the street it will not matter so thats the downfall of the Eclipse Unit if anything.

I personally have run Alpine,Pioneer Premier 860, Eclipse CD8454 and now Kenwood Excelon XXV-01D 25th Anniv Edition and so far this is my favorite HU ive ever owned and heard. That is just my opinion but you can get great results with all the above with the right tuning and crossover settings and install.. Remember its all in the install and tuning

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 130
Nakamichi in general or which one?

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 238
i would use eclipse but from what alot of people havebeen saying that pioneer p9 is supose to a really great head unit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us