FED UP with RE's Tech Support

Santa's Helper
Unregistered guest
WTF is up with this company????

They don't answer the phone and they don't respond to e-mails, customer support, they need to get their sh!t together if this is their idea of helping customers with questions about their products.

All I want to know is what is the frame diameter across the face of the subwoofer????

Before anyone climbs up my azz, I am having the box built for 2 RE SX 15's with the subwoofer's recessed flush mounted. It's christmas present for my nephew along with a few other car audio goodies.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3405
u are a VERY generous uncle indeed !

i'm sure some1 on this forum has that sub & will go measure it 4 u ........

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1153
i wish you were my uncle too.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 329
wow.....

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1733
adire is being bogus too.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2572
i might just go all JL.lol, since all these other companies have problems

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 262
im having problems with treo :-(...looks like it might have to be a late christmas for me.

Santa's Helper
Unregistered guest
Well, pardon me for saying this is totally not way for these company's should be dealing with customer issue's.

If I ran my business like these company's run there's, my customer's would going else where for what they want.

Being close to christmas and all, you'd think they would be busting their azzes tyring to make as many sales as possible and helping the customers questions.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 242
Santa's Helper

cut the inner baffle that you actually will mount the sub at 14" (the diameter)

the outer baffle that the whole face of the sub fits in, cut it at 15.5" (diameter)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1734
this is exactly what happened to elemental designs.
they pis.sed some people off in customer support, and the next thing you know
"the ed nine.1 sux." which is very far from the truth, but a bad rep will do that.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5003
The difference is that ED has produced some crappy equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1321
jonathan. do you mean has in the past? or is their ed nine.1 not a good choice because i was planning to get 2 of them.... ive been told they are great amps which also push their rms rating easy and clean. along with the research ive done on them, they look very good. whats your opinion?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1736
as attractive as they were, the original e-12a (flat novex pistons) had problems.
the current subs are overrated in rms and excursion. i wouldn't say they perform worse than any mainstream commercial sub out right now, though. In fact they sound pretty nice, imo.
but the 9x amps have no poo about them. :-)
however, because of the lack of customer service regarding the warranty on the above products, you would think that the amps fall along the same lines.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1323
thanks for the quick reply. good! u didnt kill my dream lol. ima still order those amps when the money comes around lol.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 243
Trevor, why don't you get the RE 12.1?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1738
"hanks for the quick reply. good! u didnt kill my dream lol. ima still order those amps when the money comes around lol."

no prob, trevor. that's my personal take. i was actually responding to jonathan's well deserved "poke" at ED (you're quicker on the keys than i am). i was hoping he would elaborate. my bad, i wasn't trying to respond for him. by the way, i'm putting a set of 9x in my wifes car soon, as well.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5007
I wasn't planning on elaborating, but the 12As were what I had in mind along with the other poo they've had here and there. Haven't heard anything bad about the amps, though.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1325
i was going to get the RE 12.1
but the ED is cheaper, got that nie but clean look, and just seems like a good buy as well.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2608
I thought the ed had the same exact board as hifonics??

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 250
chauncey, i've heard that too, but i think it's hard to believe... Trevor, I like the way they look too, but I just thought it would be cool to have all RE. :-)

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 251
but back to the original topic.. I've delt with RE on two occasions.. and called 3 or 4 times. Somebody has always answered that day, might have had to call back in 30 minutes or so, but I think that's to be expected with a smaller company. As far as tech support, always answered questions and nice people to talk to. One guy was on the phone with me for 15-20 minutes talking about enclosure designs and their lineup of subs. I can't see how somebody can complain to be honest with you. Must be very unlucky, or call at 2am and expect somebody to answer.

The ONLY thing i was somewhat discouraged with, dealing with RE was the shipping of my SX. it was simply in a box wtih a few pieces of foam. Didn't seem to be packaged well. Either way it arrived in great condition, so I guess they knew what they were doing. It was just a huge contrast to the ascendant packaging with and abundance of foam and internal crating.

Santa's Helper
Unregistered guest
Baseball,

All I can tell you is what I have experienced in dealing with RE in trying to obtain the info I wanted.

All I wanted to know is the info requested and be done with it so I can pass the info along and get the box built and shipped for my nephew's car.

With regards to your previous post:
" cut the inner baffle that you actually will mount the sub at 14" (the diameter)

the outer baffle that the whole face of the sub fits in, cut it at 15.5" (diameter) "

On RE's site, they state the " cut diameter/mount diameter " @ 14 1/8".

With regards to the diameter across the frame, I have posed this question many other place's and the input being recieved is anywhere from 15 1/2" to 15 7/8".

All I want is clear answer so when the box is delivered, the subwoofer will mount flush with an 1/8" clearance and no problems given what I am paying for the box.

Cetainly you can understand my concerns.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 255
maybe try posting a thread to marshall white. he has a RE SX 15, and has made several boxes for it. im sure he wouldnt mind measuring his sub for you...

Santa's Helper
Unregistered guest
I would like to thank everyone here, you help been helpful in trying to resolve this for me, I greatly appreciate the efforts.

Another member on different forum that I posed this question to has kindly responded to my request.

He verified the spec's as 15 5/8" frame diameter & 14 1/8" mounting diameter.

Again, I thank you all for your help and support.

Merry Christmas

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 255
ok, well cut it at 15 5/8 and it will not fit completely flush like you want it. Mine was cut a little shy of 15.5" and it was very tight and fit nicely. the 14 1/8 is correct, but cutting it at 14 makes things much easier. for measuring and the sub seems to fit tighter

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 256
Upload
Upload

see how nice that fits? granted that is an avalanche, but the SX fit the exact same. I wanted it to be very tight, maybe you dont?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1747
"adire is being bogus too."
statement recanted. as per dan, i should have "the girls" back by next week:-).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us