MTX MXA4004

Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 1
Can I use this AMP to run 2 10" subs and 2 6x9 4 ways? I don't have the speakers yet so I can't give you the ratings on them but was wondering if I can do this.

Also what kind of speakers (wattage, rms, ohms) do you recomend? Thanks for any help!

Username: Benj789

Post Number: 4
depends on the power of the subs, usually you would bridge 2 channels from the amp 2 1 of the subs to get enought power to the subs, i would run 1 sub and the 6*9's or just the 2 subs

Post Number: 3
So you are saying I don't have enough power to run the 4 speakers. What if I ran the 6x9's and 2 6.5's of that amp and got another amp for the subs. Would that work? I'm getting ready to put a system in my blazer and I want to do it right the first time. So any help is greatly appritiated.

Post Number: 4
Or is there an amp I can run all 6 speakers off of. I know you need specs on the speakers. But is it possible? I'll see if I can get some speakers picked out this weekend so I can get some better answers.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 334
the best thing to do is what you just said. Use that amp to power the 6X9's and 6.5's. Get another amp to push the 2 subs. If you want matching amps, get the MXA4001. I have that amp i'm impressed with it. It's rated at 400wrms @ 2ohms, but mine is putting out 488wrms @ 2ohms.

Post Number: 6
How about this amp with the speakers I have stated. If so what do you recommend I use for speakers(name brand, watts, rms, ohms ect.) with this amp that would sound the best. I will need boxed 10" or even 12" subs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eclipse-PA5532-5Ch-960Watts-Power-Amplifier-NEW_W0QQitemZ583 6282829QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us