AMP Choices

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 17
I am going to be setting up a system for my new car. Right now i am gathering my equipment up. I have got:
2 Rockford Fosgate 200watt RMS (punch HE)
2 Rockford Fosgate 150watt RMS (punch Z)

I am having trouble figuring out a AMP that is best. I like Rockford Fosgate very much but if another companys AMP is best for my application then tell me.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2390
why not go to RF's website and find amps with power outputs that match your speakers?

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 19
Sounds good, I thought that you guys would mabey have your own opinion!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2408
well in this case you're already set on RF, so its just a simple matter of matching up numbers :-)
you want a model that's rated for the power output @ the load the subs will present.
I don't know how many coils and the load per coil of the subs you have so I can't even begin to suggest model numbers.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 21
I have all Single Voice Coils. I did the RF wiring schematic and it suggested 2 ohm load. I was looking around on RF web and it looked to me like a P8004 or T8004 amp was good for my application. That way i would get about 150 to 200 watts per sub (theritcally)! What do you think?

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 22
Those P8004 and T8004 models are very new and very pricey. I was wanting something lower cost, those are the only things i could find.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2447
could try older used models on ebay

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 24
I think i know what to do now, Thanks Much!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us