Head Unit Settings

Bronze Member
Username: The_disciple

Post Number: 31
I am new to this so please bear with me.
My headunit has an area where I can adjust HPF/LPF etc. The settings for LPF are 50/60/70/80/100/120/ and THRU (what does THRU mean?).
What exactly do these mean? I know they represenet frequency, but I have no idea what frequencies are lower and which are higher (in terms of bass tones in music).
What frequency would elicit the best bass response?

asdfkjgs
Unregistered guest
THRU i'm guessing it means that its letting all frequencies pass thru to the speakers. or in other words Low Pass filter is off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
So what setting do you recommend it to be on?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 631
HPF means High Pass Filter. it will only allow frequencies higher then the selected frequency to pass.
LPF means Low Pass Filter. it will only allow frequencies lower then the selectes grequency to pass.

high pass is used for speakers that do not need to receive bass as bass is for subs. and low pass is used for subs. subsonic filters are high pass filters which are sometimes used for subs too.

you typically want to keep your HPF and LPF selection close to the same so you don't have a gap or too big of an overlap in the range. usually 80 or 100 hertz is a goot point. really depends on your set up i guess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I got two front speakers, two 6X9's and 2 12inch subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us