Amping suggestions for system

Unregistered guest
I just got a CDT HD-62 component set and CDT CL-6X for rear fill. Plan on getting one JL 10w3 in the future. I was wondering if any one here could give me some ampping suggestions. Should I go with a 4-Channel and a mono channel or a 5 channel or something else (brands and wattage please). FYI i have an eclipse 8454 in 2000 toyota celica with a budget around 600. Thanks in advance for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 311
IMO, I would pick one mono and a four channel.

Unregistered guest
Any more inputs please? What would be the benefits of a mono and a four channel?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3452
better stereo/channel separations , more freedom of controls like fader , each 1 of the speakers gets its own power , cleaner sounding tunes & a mono will allow for a bigger more powerful sub(s) etc

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-oTXtfTGbR2H/learningcenter/car/

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the input. Any brands or models for this specific speaker setup.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1191
you can go all kicker. they are reasonably priced and perform very well.
kicker kx400.1
kicker kx 200.4

you would have to get the dual 4ohm sub if you want to use the kx400.1

Unregistered guest
Could I run the rear speakers off my HU? So then i would just get a 2 channel and a mono. Would u guys say that was a good set up?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1197
actually you don't even need rearfill speakers. i took mine out and it sounds better.

Unregistered guest
I already have the rear speakers, so would i damage the rear speakers that run at 40W RMS connect to a HU at 13W RMS. Thats if the components are hooked to a 2ch amp and the sub to a mono? Would this work out? (trying not to spend money where its not needed)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3472
buy the mono amp 4 ur sub now & run highs/mids off your HU 4 the time being

if u find your highs/mids can't keep up to balance with your bass - then buy the 4 chan amp .....

Unregistered guest
Ok thanks for the help. More input is welcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us