Help with subs and amps

Username: Casper200216

Post Number: 1
I have a few questions... I have two Sony Xplod 10's and a JBL 200 watt 4 Channel amp how would I wired this to get the maximum bass out of it? It has a front input and a rear input same goes for the output someone please help me... email me with answers please Casper200216@hotmail.com

Post Number: 2
Do I need a bigger amp?

Anonymous

personally i would get a mono amp. if they're the pentagon shaped sony's i think they're 300 watts rms, so a jbl BP600.1 would be perfect. if they're 200 watts then a jbl 400.1. you definitely dont want to over power sony subs becuase they'll blow faster than a little boy losing his virginity. (no offense to any one)

Post Number: 3
Well they are the circular ones and they are rated 600 peak power I think that they are 350 or 400 constant... I was thinking of trying to bridge all for channels to one channel I don't know if it would work because the front speaker output on the amp is a high pass channel... I already have the speakers ran parallell and it sounds pretty good but I think that than can handle more...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2364
you can only bridge that amp to two channels, and then its only 4 ohm stable.
it wasn't designed to run subs.
use the JBL 4 channel amp for front and rear components as it'll do a great job for that
then get a JBL BP600.1 and wire both subs to that.
you'll get 300wRMS to each sub and should be pleased with the results
as pleased as you could be considering they're sony anyway.

Post Number: 4
Ok thanks.. it is working fine now I got it all bridged to one channel it doesn't sound bad but I will take your advice thank you

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2369
trust me.
set it up like I suggested and you'll be amazed at the outcome

Post Number: 5
ok what does the price go for on that amp? I will try to get some money up for it... I have a kid and it is kinda hard to save money to spend on my own stuff

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2375
I hear ya.
look at eBay. last I looked the amp was $220 @ sounddomain, but you can surely find it cheaper. They overcharge for everything.
I think it goes for about $185 on sites like etronics.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us