Argghh jbl went off sale should i get a phoenix gold or alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Kasadude

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 66
k now i'm looking at the Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp or an Alpine mrd1005. I know there is a power diffrence but which one would produce better sq/which one will last longer and work better?

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 44
I've had older pg amps, they've always been under-rated and very durable. I don't have much experience with their newer ones, but they've always been good for what you pay for. I've got an mrd-m1005 now. I've liked it so far. It'll probably give you better sq, but I think they're overpriced. I just bought mine so I could link it to my alpine HU. If you're going to be paying retail, I'd ask around on some different amps, there's a lot more value out there.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 273
imo, i would pick the alpine over the pg.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 67
k so i'm defintly leaning towards the alpine (i can get it for 350 btw) vs 250 for the pg thats why i'm leaning towards it its to power two infinity 1030s at 2 ohm but i might be replacing them eventually (like in years lol)

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 288
Your going to buy that amp to power 2 infinities?? In that case, the PG is better. The 1030's are rated at 250wrms each, so you will be giving them 500wrms each. The subs will never handle that much. The PG will put 600wrms so each sub will get 300wrms, which isn't a problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 72
I have an amp you may be very interested in. How about a PG Tantrum 500.2? I have one with the bass knob (LPL44) for $150+ shipped. I barely used both items.

email me at: themax96se@yahoo.com

I gotta few other items I will be throwing on eBay soon. I take paypal.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 70
dang i would be interested problem is unless your selling for crazy low i couldnt' afford it yet (i'm getting this amp for like after christmas or maybe for it but i have to pay for all but a little bit of it - young james - i know it would overpower them but i was told that they could handle it (they were underrated) but that could be incorrect if it will kill them then i'll just go with the pg

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 302
i know they are underrated, but I do think that 500wrms to each sub is an overkill. You got to remember too, the amp is underrated.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 71
true true good point i think i'm going for the pg now anyways cause i cant afford much else and i figured i wont be getting subs for a long enough time that if i ever do replace them i might as well get a new amp too so ya thanks for all the help guys

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 85
Well isnt the Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 around $200? I'll sell you my PG Tantrum for $150 with the LPL44 bass knob... and heck, I'll ship it to ya free...

oh yeah, pics if you want it... I'm takin pics of everything I have for sale 2marro.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 74
ya but its 500 times two which as it turns out (did more reserch, would kill it) and i just always prefer buying my stuff new if at all possible man sorry dude

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 137
i really like the alpine mrd 1005
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us