Need help on powerful sub choice

A guest?
Unregistered guest
Alright, I suppose I'm looking more for SPL than SQ.. but what I do know I want are 2 (preferrably 12"s) 5000watt max subs - RMS either 2500 or 3000... the problem is choosing the brand. The 2 main that I've looked at are Kicker's Solo x 12 and Premiers' W5000SPL.

I'm not looking for a comparason between the two, but rather your guys' opinion on the best subs for those requirements. I'm not really concerned about the price range. Thanks a bunch

-patrick

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 230
first off, dont even consider max or peak wattage. just stick with rms when matching everything up. second, your definately gunna need to upgrade your electrical system with a HO, possibly 2, alternators if your gunna be running 5000-6000w rms. i dont have experience with either of those subs, so im not gunna give you a useless opinion. If i were you and i wanted something powerful like that, id probably wait a couple months for RE's new XXX to come out and get two of those. their suppose to be sick, with great spl and sq. But of those 2 choices you mentioned id pick the premier. Ive heard great things about it, and ive heard some negative things about the solo x. this is all just my $.02

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3252
its a toss up between em both

u will need an amp like Orion 2500 to power each sub & a serious HO alt ,wiring,some extra batteries & electrical upgrades .

Looks like u are gonna be entering some competitions with that ....

A guest?
Unregistered guest
Heh, I just wanted opinion on the subs, I can take care of the amps and the electrical system if you know what I mean =)

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 231
i was just making sure you knew what you were getting yourself into. alot of people think they can add as many amps and subs to their car as they want and not have to worry about anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3254
not too many ppl on this forum have actually used any of those 2 - so your best bet would be 2 go online & read some reviews ......

A guest?
Unregistered guest
I have been trying to read reviews and et-cetera but I really can't find anything that has made my choice solid.. if you or anyone knows of any good reviews on these I'd be more than happy to know about them =^.^=
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us