Question!!hooking up 2units/dvd and mp3 receivers.

Username: Mr1159

IL Usa

Post Number: 4
Ok here is my question.i am hooking up a clarion dxz945mp receiver in the dash,and a clarion vs755 under the seat.the clarion vs755 is a dvd player that i am using for my 4 monitors because it is a dvd player,etc.the clarion dxz945mp is a mp3/wma reciever that has great sound options and more.I waswondering sincethey both will need power,ground,and speakerconnections to be installed correctly,how do i go about hooking them both up?do i run long wires from the vs755 since it will be hidden under the seat,to the same powersupply,ground,speaker wires,that the main head unit will be connecting to????Or what do I do?please help if you know.thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2290
You'll have to run new wires for the DVD player. The stock wiring is built to handle just one unit, if you have more than that, there's the risk of frying the whole electrical system-not pretty.

You could run new wires directly to the battery or even the main fuse panel in this case for the dvd player. Don't forget an inline fuse somewhere in the constant battery line. Then ground it to the nearest bare metal (usually the seat bolts work well).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us