JVC head unit problem

Bronze Member
Username: Reseaudio

Post Number: 17
I Have a JVC head unit that is a top of the line cd/mp3 player. Here is the deal. I could haved a brand new cd and when i play it for a while, even if i havent taken it out of the cd player to get scratched, the cd will skip and like the first song on most of my cds wont play? what could be happening? Could i need a new head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2347
laser pickup is out of alignment.
should be under warranty if the unit is pretty new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
if it isnt still under warranty then what can i do about this problem?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2370
replace the unit
take the unit to a radio repair shop and pay
put up with the skipping

that's your list of options

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ok.. thanks for the help again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
how complicated would it be to fix this problem myself?

manicgamer
Unregistered guest
hi i have an older jvc unit but i have a prob. the head unit works in my broco 2, but will not work in my tbird. the harnesses are the same but the radio will not turn on in the tbird. it did work but i was playing a cd and turned the bass up to +6 then it just shut off. i get no power to it but it works fine in my other car? what is wrong?????

j62493
Unregistered guest
i have a jvc headunit and does not play copied cd's only official ones it use to now it doesn't any one have a clue y, i tried differant cd's and differant burnign software to no avail

Unregistered guest
my head unit is 5 months old and when i put a cd in it doent reconise its there. the radio still works fine.
it happens with orginal cd not just cdrs.

Anonymous

I don't know a lot about changing car accessories. I did however, install an AM/FM radio in my Grandma's 85 Chevy that originally had only AM. That is the extent of my experience. I have a CD player and a tape player in my car. How easy and/or logical would it be to install a multi-disk player and keep my tape player?

Silvdafsdfa
Unregistered guest
HOw do I set the time on a JVC head unit? I bought an open box unit and got no instructions.

Anonymous

HEY MATE> did you find what was the problem?
i have this happening to my JVC HL2000
thanks

Username: Grizzly1579

Post Number: 2
Go to the JVC website. They have manuals for downloading
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us