Edead/ Sound Deadening Question

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 308
Sup fellas, I haven;t been on here in a while.... I just put about 25 SQ. feet of edead the heavier duty kind (not the paint). I was wondering if the bass inside the car would actually get louder with the edead, or was i just imagining things when I listened to my music after i installed it.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 613
your suppose to get a dB gain with the sound deadener becuase it keeps more of the sound inside the car rather then exiting via vibrations and rattles. something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1068
mike how much of your car did the 25sq ft of edead cover? i just ordered 20sq ft and was wondering if that was enough.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 309
I have a Camaro hatchback and i put 4 layers on the rear deck (the part where the spoiler attaches to, if you opened the hatch, it would be just below the rear glass) because that rattled the most, Then i put 2 Layers on the back where my tail lights are, and 2 layers on the back of my license plate. Then 1 layer under where the box sits.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 152
so.. you only cover certain spots.. i was going to cover the whole trunk, should i only use edead in certain spots or is it good to cover EVERYTHING?? srry for jacking ur thread.. its just that this is where i got the idea of covering only the problem areas..

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 273
I just did both of my Prelude doors with an inside and outside layer of peel n seal and used half of a 25sq foot roll. On your Camaro I would deadel the panel directly behind your rear seats, and the flat above it (basically deaden the rise and the shelf before it drops down into the hatch hole). These are the most flexible parts in that car and you'll lose the most energy there. I also used the liquid asphalt deadener in the trunk of my Prelude and it made a huge difference, not in SPL but in frequency extension and clarity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us