How would you wire 2 amplifiers to a 12" MT?

Bronze Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 57
How would you wire 2 amplifiers to a 12" MT?
Which ones do you reccomend for "price and quality"?
I was thinking 2 hifonics 1500D's

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 68
you need strappable amps...im not sure if those hifonics amps are strappable. but you can order a MA Audio HK2000D which is 1500 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm with 14.4 v...you could just use one of those to power the MT and if you feel you want to go louder than order another MA Audio HK2000D and strap it up with the other one...you can get them on ebay for $200-$300 shipped...

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 610
you can hook 2 amps up to a DVC sub, one to each coil. but you have to make sure everything is set the same or you can destroy the coils.

i got 2 500/1's on a 13W7 and haven't had a problem and everything sounds great.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 217
you don't need strappable amps...

You need to get a coil configuration that suits your amps. if you have 2amps that are 1 ohm stable, get a dual 1ohm coil configuration or quad 2ohm coils. Don't think you need 5000w to run an MT. the MT is RE's loudest sub per watt. 1500w would really get the sub moving and be louder than most people need.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 218
"but you have to make sure everything is set the same or you can destroy the coils."

no you wont. you can send 2 completely opposite "signals" (one out of phase by 180 degrees))to each coil and not hurt them. they will get hotter quicker as you will have 0 net BL and the sub wont move which means it can't cool itself, but no it wont destroy them... it just wont sound good

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 611
oh ok baseball, i figured you'd rip the coils appart, know its not good sound wise. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 58
So I can take 2 of the same amplifier wire both of them each at 1 ohm to each coil (DVC MT)

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 221
yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us