Headunit cant support amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Sexytroca

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 13
Ok i bought a JVC stereo, used from a friend. the stereo i used to play with my system and it worked fine except that it skipped during the music when playing cds. i am guessing the lense was dirty or scratched, i bought the lense cleaner adn it didnt help. it does it even on new cds. So i got on ebay and bought another one, it was the exact same model but when i got it i noticed in had no rca oulets. so me being a wiz and all opened both up and did an rca transplant from the old one to the new one. Then after it didnt work i found out the new stereo was missing connections in its mother board so it could not support rca. what can i do to fix this. i was thinking about completely changing the chip inside from one to another but not sure if its possible. is their a place were i can go get it some rca installed i really want to use the new stereo but i cant use my amp with it. tanx for your help,

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 216
youm can use a line out converter, as if you had a factory. strange though, what is model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
it is a JVC kd-s10 but i dont think you understand my problem. I was able to install rca into the new stereo but it didnt work, i used a sodering iron to install them. the iron melts little connections in the motherboard so you can put the rca connections in. the problem is that the connections are not connected to anything else in the motherboard. the old one has tiny little capacitator things that connect from the joints of the rcs to the rest of the chip. Is it possible to completely change the main chip from one to the other. tanx again fro ur help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
pleaze i need help, if u can please give ur suggestion. tanx

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2287
You can try to connect the RCA's completely. I believe you're referring to the resistors in the circuit that need to be connected...

What Ty was saying was you could use a Line Output Converter (LOC) which converts the speaker outputs to RCA outputs. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tq16wg1rUyE/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=721

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yes exactly, you are right on target, thats my problem. but how can i have two stereos of the same exacrt model adn one has rca and one doesnt. can i change the chip from one to another. would that work? tanx its cool for people to understand me here. i love this site

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
well, tanx to all of u for ur help but i already fixed it, i changed the entire mother board from the new stereo to the old one and got it to work perfectly, tanx.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2295
Nice job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us