Experts help!

Silver Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 149
Ok, I bought a Viper 791xv And installed it at my shop.

It was my first remote start/security/keyless/etc.

I had a guy I work with who has done hundreds of these help me. He showed me where everything was, gave me tips/hints about everything. We got cheat sheets from directed electronics. And the wiring diagram for my VATS systems because I have a 1996 Chevy Lumina. I hooked everything up, checked everything for power. Where I ran the ignition to was getting about .7 volts ac. The ignition and starter and second ignition and acc. all got the voltage they needed. I learned the tach. Hooked the hood pin up, the dome lights, used the relay for the VATS system, the parking lights, lock and unlock, and I think that was it. Then i armed it. It locked. and the siren chirped. Then I remote started it. Everything in the dash lit up, but it didnt crank any of the 3 times it tried. So I put the key in, and cut it on, then remote started it and took the key out. Didn't work. I dunno what's goin on, and I dunno where to start trouble shooting...

If ANYONE who has had expierence with remote starts on vehicles with the GM VATS system, and had the same problem or knows where I can start trouble shooting pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help. Give any idea's, I'll try whatever. We tried to figure it out for hours and me and the senior installer at my shop are both boggled. Everything seems to be right, but like I said - boggled.

So whoever has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

- Scott

Silver Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 151
not ignition, i mean tach and that was at idle. whoops
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us