Kenwood KDC-MP7028_playback problems HELP!!!

Username: Jordan17

Post Number: 1
I installed the KDC-MP7028 a couple days ago and Im unable to get any sound out of my 4 5"x7" speakers, everything else is working properly including my subs. The internal amp option within the Menu is set to ON. Anyone know what is wrong?

MadMax1000
Unregistered guest
Is this a brand new unit? I picked one up at the beginning of the year...Awesome HU, I have had no problems whatsoever with mine. Double check the wiring from the HU to your wiring harness. If hooked up properly, then disconnect your wires and attach the speaker leads to a 9V battery, you should hear a 'POP', lets you know that the wiring to the speakers is good and the speaker is accepting a signal. Still no...buy new speakers.

Username: Jordan17

Post Number: 2
When you installed your HU did you disconnect your negative wire on your battery? Or anything else? I did not. I have a good feeling that when i plugged in the wiring harness with the battery still connected it fried the internal amp, also my friend neglected to tell me until today he heard a 'pop' sound also at that time.
Is that possible?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2283
Yes, it's possible something got fried...also, does the car have a factory amp?

MadMax1221
Unregistered guest
No, I plug/unplug my HU without removing battery all the time...Now if you have an exposed wire that touches the metal HU housing BEFORE the wiring harness was connected, then you will have problems cuz the HU isnt grounded yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us