Pg cyclone

Username: Cyclone

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
Whats up guys . Does anyone know anything about the phoenix gold cyclone . I have one and I think its blown . I was running it fine off a soundstream reference 500 changed vehicles and hooked up the sub and it blew the fuse on my amp and d.b. Other subs work fine off the amp . Is there a short in the speaker ? Would a blown subwoofer do this to an amplifier ? I have no clue why it would suddenley stop working . If anybody has has any input please let me know . Thankyou.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 265
I would say the sub's blown, if it's shorted out inside then it can cause the amplifier blow fuses; just like crossing the speaker outputs on your amplifier.

Anonymous

guys....a pg cyclone isnt a sub

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2263
it is a sub, i just did not no they where for sale right now

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4807
ok im sorry its a non normal sub...

http://www.phoenixgold.com/webfaq/cyclone.htm

how would thbis thing get blown?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2273
why did u post anonymous??

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks for the input guys . I 've had this speaker for 5 years now and it used to sound great . I wonder if there is a way to repair this thing ????

I moved on however to a couple of boston acoustic g2212 . These subs are friggin awesome for the money 110 a piece ! Man they are so clean . I'm going to drop 4 of them in my van .

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 4
I dont know what happened I simply moved the same system to a different vehicle and now this is happening . According to Thomas Danley the creator of the desighn , the speaker is not very durable and over time certain components inside the motor start to rub and eventually cease . There is a way to ajust this but phoenixgold has to do it. I think Im going to give them a call and see if they can do anything .

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 394
how much was it ?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 278
I realize the Cyclone isn't a conventional sub but if you feed power into it it has electrical components that can short out. Sounds like that's what he's got going on, hopefully PG can fix it for you I hear they have awesome customer support.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2343
i really want to no how it sounded??

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 10
I paid 400 for it 5 years ago . Back then I didn't even realize what it was and that the whole concept of the cyclone was unheard of .It turned out that this speaker is a royal pain in the butt to install !! I trequires a 2-2.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure and ported like 4 or 5 . I was thinking about selling it but they only made like 3000 of these and I know they are rare . Almost like a good baseball card you can't part with . Right now its just collecting dust . About how much is the value of one that works ?? I have seen them go on ebay for around 300 .

Bronze Member

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 11
The cyclone sounded unbelievable . I installed it in the hatch of an 86 camaro . I made a custom fiberglass enclosure for it to fit in the dip of the hatch and fired it off the glass . These things play so low , lower than what you can hear . Sometimes after certain frequencies were played like 18hz or 15hz a sudden urge of diahherea came over. The dang vibrations would loosen up the good ole bowels!! AS far as bass above 80hz there was none , its only designed for 80 and lower so the midbass in my camaro sucked . What really sold me on this thing was a demo PG truck that had 4 PG tens running as midbass . That truck won tropheys taller than me in sound Q comps . They had their cyclone in a ported enclosure so you can only imagine how that sounded .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us