Wiring 5425 in 96 a4

Bronze Member
Username: Davey_n

Post Number: 12
Alright, i have a few questions about matching up some wires. Right now I'm wiring up the unit to a scosche wiring harness I purchased to make this job a little easier and reversable. Here are a few questions which i need answered before I can continue with this.

1) what is the "turn on lead of each unit" (blue/white) and does it match up with the "remote turn on" (blue/white) of the scosche harness?

2) I also don't see what I am suppose to match the "head light switch"(orange/white) to. I have a illumination/dimmer (orange) wire on the scosche but there also isn't any mention of that in the eclipse manual.

3) I have a ground wire which is completely separate from either of the car factor harenesses which was connected to the back of the factory stereo(delta cc) and a "ground"(black) wire hooked up to the back of my 5425. I orginally thought I was suppose to hook these two up, but now I realized that there is a "chasis ground"(black) on the scosche harness. I'm wondering if the eclipse ground wire hooks up the chasis ground on the scosche harness and then the cars ground just gets grounded to metal of the head unit?

4) I have another harness in my car which handled all of the speaker wiring. I Was wondering if my only option is to cut it off and strip and match the wires to the eclipses or if there is another wiring harness like the scosche one that i picked up which will keep this easily reversible?

If anyone can answer any of these questions it would be a great help, thanks. Feel free to ask me for more info or pictures or whatever you need to understand my jargon.

Anonymous

you should keep your scoshe wiring harness. you're on the right track. I wired my Eclipse CD5425 not too long ago and I came across the same situations.

1) the blue\white turn on wire on the CD deck is usually meant for an external amp turn on. I have an amp so I used it. if you don't have one, I don't thnik you need to wire this. (I might be wrong on this one)

2) I tried the headlight switch and it didn't work. I don't think the CD5425 supports a dimming feature. the wiring from the deck is probably generic and higher end Eclipse models probably support it.

3) The best thing to do with the ground is to take the CD deck ground and bolt it right to bare metal on the car chassis. I'm guessing if you follow the ground wire thats completely seperate from the scoshe harness, the other end will probably be bolted to the car chassis.

hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us