I really need help nobodys been able to give me any good advice

Unregistered guest
well ive asked freinds that work selling stuff...other store salesman...they all cant give me a good answer that im looking for so heres my question

im looking to buy some alpine 10 inch type r's...i want 2 of them and i dont like necesarilly listening to rap so clarity is what im looking for not overal peak loudness...so 4+4 ohms would probably be the best way to go right?

my real question comes in about how i would want to run my amps...i want to use alpine amps since i already have an alpine 4 channel to my door speakers i want it all the same (just a preference i will go other brands but im trying for the alpine)...so to keep the subs at 4+4 ohms what would be the best way to run things? and the type r's can handle 300rms watts

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 29
the alpine MRD 501 is 550 watts rms at 2 ohms, if u really want to go with alpine. for this amp u would have to get either 2 4ohm SVC, or 2 2ohm DVC subs for a 2 ohm load. another choice would be jbl 600.1 which is stable at 1 or 2 ohms, and is 600 watts rms. a kicker kx600.1 is also a good choice, but is more expensive than the jbl and alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 478
the BEST matchup for a pair of 10 or 12" dual 4 ohm type r's is a JBL BP600.1 - especially if you're going to put those subs in small sealed boxes

thats all i can really say - alpine doesnt really have a matched up amp for those subs

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2310
Jeff, if you want alpine subs and amps, the best match will be two Alpine type-R 10" subs, each with 4+4 ohm DVC coil configurations, and pairing each sub with it's own Alpine MRD-300 amplifier.
This will give each sub it's full 300wRMS.
Then, place each 10" sub in a 0.6ft^3 sealed box.
This should yield a very tight and quick response that hits incredibly deep, offering a nearly ruler-flat curve from about 80Hz down to bottom octave, since cabin gain will add +12dB gain below the transfer point of the vehicle cabin compensating for the natural roll-off of the subs.
that means your subs will have a smooth accurate response to below audible range.
great for jazz, classica, and other types of music requiring fast responsive subs that aren't punchy or boomy, or colored by harmonics introduced by things like ported enclosures.

Unregistered guest
thats exactly what i was thinking of doing before but people were telling me with the 150 watts rms x 1 x 4ohms that the mrd-300 has would make the subs underpowered

you seem to know your stuff very well so it all sounds good to me, thanks everybody who gave some help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2324
that's at 4 ohms
if you take each sub as a 4+4 ohm DVC, and wire the coils in parallel, you have a pair of 2 ohm subs
that means each MRD-300 will produce its 2 ohm rated 300wRMS to each dedicated sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us