Eclipse cd8454

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 87
I got the local shop to get me a cd 8454 for 571$ USD including tax and 3 year warenty...woudl you buy it in a city with lots of crime...why sould i ghet this deck? worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 36
Ik now my name isn't jonathan or MO, but i'd like to say that that unit is a great piece. MSRP on that thing is 690.00.

The unit does come with a three year manufacturer warranty if installed by an authorized dealer. BUT it ONLY covers against their defects. Most likely the shop warranty is against any type of heat humidity wear and tear issues and so forth.

That head unit annihilates the Kenwood KDC-X889 in SQ.

You might also want to take a look at the Kenwood XXV-01. that is also a great unit in that price range.

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 101
Thanks, I really appreaciate the feedback.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2663
I just went to myer-emco (a trusted car audio dealer in the area) and was deciding between the Alpine CDA-9855 and the Kenwood Excelon 25th Anniversary XXV-01D and i ended up being convinced by the sales person taht the Kenwood is the better choice. Alot of it to do with the alpine glidetouch and the 4v preout compared to the 5 volt preout and of course the built quality of the kenwoods are much better then the new Alpines according to the salesrep that i usually get my audio from. I paid $499.99 plus $59.99 for a 3 year replacement warranty thru them.

By the way i will have it installed on wednesday so i will come back to compare the units ive used in the past to this one.

Also im selling my EClipse CD8454 unit on ebay now so check for that. No Reserve!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us