Camaro speaker pos/neg???

Bronze Member
Username: Pbpube

Post Number: 16
hey guys im re-wiring my system using the new head unit and stock speakers, but the speakers dont indicate a positive or negative side. i looked at the wires goin to the speakers, and there is a black stripe on one and a white stripe on the other wire. does that show positive/negative or is that just something chevy did to make the wires look prettier?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 599
no, the stripes mean pos and neg, usually black is negitive but i can't say for sure. what color is the wires themselves, not just the stripes?? i know you can hook a battery to subs to check polarity, not sure about speakers though. someone on here should know

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2164
have u checked the manual

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
the owner's manual doesnt say anything about it, and neither does the Chilton manual i have in my room, so for now im stumped. how about if i hook up the head unit and just put positive to white and negative to black? ill try that and let yall know

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 459
connect the speaker to a 9v battery for a second and see if the cone moves out. if it does then the wire that you hooked to your + on the battery is also your + on the speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
thanks for your help guys, now i can start hookin it all up!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us