Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2010
all sux

Username: Eazy_e

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 3
sony is the leader of the electronics world right now so how could their subs suck

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2013
the best things sony make are there camera's and the playstation. everything else is just advertisement. There subs are very cheaply made, and in the car audio world u get what u pay for.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1647
"sony is the leader of the electronics world right now"

mass production sir. attention to detail can be costly when you distribute on the scale that sony does. they used to make real quality products n their old es line. but that was quite the while ago. now they do as little as they can to put out car audio. even the home audio is mid tier at best.
sony=quantity (money) over quality (cost)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 251
There subs do suck, as do most other subs manufactured at the moment. Sony used to be manufactured in the exact same factory as JL w6s that factory was Onkyo in Walesboro Indiana, now they mass produce them in Asia and Onkyo's bankrupt. The subs Sony sells are gimmick subs much like the bling bling Audiobahn woofers and such. HEXAGON CONE.... ok who cares, RED WOOFER CONE.... thats going to make it sound how much better?.... SUPER MAGNET BOOT.... yey that way everyone will think my magnets huge and it will take up a bunch of space in my enclosure! Pretty much woofers are getting easier to spot who's selling on hype and who's selling serious products. I have to tip my hat away from Sony products unless you're buying electronics, if you want drivers buy something American and solidly built. A stellar example of a budget sub still made in the USA is right below, no hype no junk, just a solid product.Upload
Upload

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 4
Thnx 4 the Sub info.......How bout their amps. R they good

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2022
same deal

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 254
Amps are CEA compliant, if you get a warranty you'll probably eventually get a good one They're a gamble though. They put out there rated power but the build quality means it may last a life time or a day.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2025
BT, i have never seen a sony amp that puts out its rated power. i have seen like 3 benched and all 3 didnt even come close to what they claim

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 5
The Sony XM-2200GTX is an excellent amp. except it over heats in about half an hour of playing
and goes into protection mode

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2030
i mean no offence but what amps have u heard that u could compare it to

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1077
Well i think sony HU's are good too lol...subs adn amps suck a big fat beaner lol

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 6
to the Rockford Fosgate Punch P8002... i hooked it up to my type R's and the sony amp sounded more clear and the bass hit harder than the Rockford at the same volume.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2034
really, i would think the RF would put out more seeing that RF is a better overall amp, and the sony only puts out 500rms(bridge), where the gains and everything the same

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 7
NO not really the Rockford was a better amp because it didn't over heat. But I boght the Rockford cuz it puts out 800rms bridged so the diffrance was not that big between the amps but the RF was better

do u know if the Power Acoustik TS1920-2 amp. is woth buyin or not

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2039
not worth buying. to power ur type r's u should look at

Kicker kx 1200.1
Orion 1200d
Re 12.1
Phoneix Gold 1200.1
JL 1000/1, just to name a few, also do u have the 2005 model r's

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 250
A link to a list of the good the bad an the ugly when it comes to Car Audio

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 878
i don't know why but i had a feeling you were going to post in here cadillac. lol.

get the kx 1200.1 for your Rs. it will sound amazing. :-O
Upload

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 8
I donno but this is mineAlpine But Y shouldn't i buy the Power Acoustik TS1920-2
amp. its 4 diffrent subs in my other car

Chi Town, IL

Post Number: 9
but the kx 1200.1 is a 1 channel and i have 2 type R's in my 96 impala runnin curently on the RF amp.

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 261
The 2006 model lineup is CEA compliant, if you're benching those and they're not putting out there rated power you need to call CEA and show them your results. I've known people to run Sony amps and never have a bit of trouble with them and I've seen others run them and they die, I've never known them to be pushovers in the power department and this is the first year for the compliance hence the lowered RMS ratings on there amps. Check out the new lineup somewhere you'll see what I'm talking about, Infinity, Rockford, Alpine, and Sony have all gone along with CEA compliance rules amongst other brands for 2006.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2051
its ok that its a mono amp. u can still wire 2 subs

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1411
i really suggest you read www.bcae1.com before you waste anyone elses time...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us