Kicker solo x please help

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 94
does a kicker solo x 8 inch sub really put out 2500 watts rms if you got the right amp??..or is that overated..does kicker over rate the power ratings??

and what is better..2 12 inch L7's...or 1 solo x eight inch...or are they pretty much the same..but the solo x can handle more

any input would help thanks

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 579
Solo x only comes in 10", 12", and 18". I have never seen a 8" solo x before. Where did you see it at if I might ask.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
i meant the solo x 10 inch....so same question but with the 10 inch..my mistake

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 316
2 L7 12's will be louder than just the 1 10. they are similar and the solo x just takes more power but that is ridiculous to give that one 10 2500 watts that would be a big waste of money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
but if it can handle 2500 watts...and the L7's handle less than that with both combined..would it still be better to go with 2 L7's??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4294
if you are ready to equip your car with the electrical system it is going to need to safely run 2500 watts then go BIG I say a kicker 2500.1 and a RE MT:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
yes...with a 2500.1 amp...what would be a better choice....one solo x 10 (2500watts rms).....2 12 inch l7's (1500 watts RMS)...i know 2500 watts is better than 1500 watts...but..i dont know whcih sub is better

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 243
Cone area!!! Sound is realated to more than just power handling and excursion. Buy regular round subs, buy 2 or 3 of them, give them that 1500rms watts and they'll sound better and be louder than the Solo offerings I've heard mentioned here. If you're looking into only 1 10in sub you're not looking to compete in SPL comps so I would stick with more daily listening oriented subwoofers like the Alpine Type R's or X's, Kicker CVR's, RE SX's, Adire Brahma, search the posts you'll see what's good and in your price range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
i know whats good...but i get kicker with a hell of a discount...and i dont want to compete haha i just want to know what would be beter...one solo x 10 inch powered by a 2500.1...or 2 12 inch l7's..thats all ...no other brands... if u had to go with one solo x 10..or t l7s..what would sound better

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2011
get the 2 l7's with 2 kicker kx 1200.1 or sx 1250.1

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 244
Aah the L7's then, I just finished DLing the Kicker owners manuals for the Solo X and the L7's, a pair of the L7's take 1000 watts less power and will have more output than 1 Solo X. The solo X is a serious competition subwoofer that's why it's rebuildable and built to have the most Xmax and cone area as possible in a 10in driver. The L7's aren't my fav subs but they're definetly competitive in the SPL sub arena.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
thats only 600watts rms..i want more thn that..and i want the 2500.1 amp...so i wanna know what would be better with that amp and only that amp

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2014
L7's

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 247
3 L7 12's the D2 models wired in parallel, that's 750rms X 3 (2250 total) and an ohm load of 1.33 total should work out great. If you really want to get brave go for 3 L7 15's and prepare to be deaf. Chauncey aren't you running 1250rms to each of your Solo's? If so then I'm sure you could get away with running the 2500 watt amp to them Blaine as long as you don't abuse them.

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 249
*running the 2500.1 to a pair of them I meant*

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2019
yep, each are getting 1250 rms, also like BT said dont abuse them and they will last long

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
how are u gettin 1250 rms out of a l7....the 12's only go to like 700 rms i think..

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2021
i got 15's

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 253
The 12's don't "have" anything, they can take that much before they melt. Chauncey has 4 15in L7's and 4 1250.1's in his Yukon, check out the bragging section. If you want to go on numbers then buy the Solo X it is a huge inefficient monster sub and it will eat 2500 watts till it burns up then since it's an SPL sub you can rebuild it on the spot so you can make the last run of the day at the SPL lanes. Or if you're wanting subs to listen to and be loud all day and you already have 2500 watts buy the 3 12's, 2 15's, or even 3 15's you'll be fine with that setup and it will be louder than the Solo X provided you can fit decent enclosures.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
i go with 2 L7s..itll be enough for me

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
i go with 2 12 inch l7s..itll be enough for me

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 257
Good deal, if I were you I'd go with the 1250.1 amp to mate with those. Unless you upgrade your charging system a great deal you're not going to get the 2500 watts out of the 2500.1.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2027
quick question, since u work there can u open the box the amp comes and and pick which one u want.lol, i no the birthsheet is the max watts but it would be nice to now u got the best one in the store.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
hahah no.. you just order it

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 980
If you get kickers with a big discount then why not get a couple CompVr's? Just get a pair of those 12's and put them in a ported box tuned low. That would sound great. Power them with the Kicker KX1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 981
and the birthsheet is the max rms of the amp by the way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us