Upgrade electrical to handle 2 RE SX???

Username: David311

Post Number: 6
SO on dec 5th, i was planning on buying a pair of re sx 12's. Mount them in a nice ported enclosure to spec, and run a JBL BP1200.1 to each of them.

PROBLEM
My car is a toyota corolla. The motor is only 1.6 liters!!! I can only imagine how small my alternator is. What the hell do i do in order to support a couple of RE's and 2400 watts rms? Couple of Yellow tops? A capacitator? 0 gauge wiring kit?

I'm currently running a 12" l7 in a long port enclosure powered by an spl 1600 watt series IV amplifier,with a Pioneer eh p860mp headunit. I started out with a cheap 8 gauge wiring kit but upgraded to a 4 gauge power wire. Even now, it seems like the spl amp isn't getting all the power it needs...

Please,can someone help me sort out things in order for me to run 2 SX's to there full potential?

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 580
The easiest thing you can do to support them woofers is buy a new HO alt and a new battery as well as upgrading the big 3 wiring.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1075
good place for HO alts... www.excessiveamperage.com ...place for optima yellowtops www.woofersetc.com

Username: David311

Post Number: 7
thanks, any other suggestions?
btw how much should the alt run me?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 234
Theres not really anything else you can do but get an new HO alt. Batterys are always good but i would replace my current one with a better one before i went out and bought 2 or 3.

The HO alts. usually go for around 300-600 bucks and you will need to get one thats at least 200amps. (the more amps the better)

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 49
Yea, I'ma hit the same problem. Place down here in Hurst, Texas builds custom Alts. Gonna get one for my truck to run two RE SX 15s off 2400rms. I've already got a yellow top battery. Far as the wiring goes.. as big as I can fit to the amp :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us