JL 1000/1 w/pair of Eclipse Titanium SW9122's for Jeep

Unregistered guest
Looking for some general advice:
I've already got the speakers and amp, and plan to have the speakers downward firing in the back of my Wrangler (no rear seat.) Box is sealed and has 1.4cuft per sub (minus .19cuft displacement for speaker) equalling about 1.2 sq.ft. per sub in a sealed downward firing box. Box ID is: 18.5" x 15.375" x 8.5" deep -- does this plan appear to be ok or can anyone point out any known issues? (I know the speaker is 8.5" deep but the speaker is .75" away from the top of the box since the wood thickness is .75" MDF.
Speaker specs (Fs 27Hz) (Qts 0.30) (Vas 3.2 Ft2) (SPL/W/M 89dB) (Qes 0.32) (Qms 5.0) (Sd 490cm2)

Jeep Nut
Unregistered guest
Also, these speakers are dual voice coil at 3.1 ohms each. What are my ohm options if I wire these in parallel or series? 3.1 one way, and what? 1.5 the other? The amp says it'll put out 1000 W RMS at 1.5 ohm to 4 ohm.. Anyone had any problems with an ohm load this close to spec?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4289
with those subs unless you do some nice bracing with the box I personally would double up your front baffle to 1.5in and brace on top of it. With those subs I personally like to use 1in mdf but .75 will be fine as long as the box is well built. You are going to want to wire thos in series on that amp because you would see a 1 ohm load which that amp is not stable at if you wire it parallel.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1252
Yea, make sure you make it STRONG. Especially since it's sealed. I've blown a few (ported and sealed) boxes apart with mine :P.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us