(1) 13 w7 or (2) 13w6v2

Username: 60buck

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 1
i have 2 jl audio 500/1. i am looking at either getting 2 jl audio 13 w6v2's or buying one 13 w7. i have not heard either one. everywhere around where i live doesn't have the setup to listen to. i have however heard a 12 w7 hooked up to a 1000/1 and that thing was loud. i currently own the old w6 v1's and those are loud, but i want louder. if you could give me some advice, that would be great

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1932
get the 2 13 w6v2's since u have the 500/1's

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 2
are you sure that will be better than 1 13w7? i want to create the most amount of bass without having to give up sq.
i do have (2) 500/1. is that not enough power to run a 13 w7? or do you think that (2)13 w6v2 will sound better overall with my (2) amps.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 306
the 13.5 w6v2 gives off somewhat decent spl, two of them will be comparable to the single 13 w7, but them in a ported box and they will sound very good and get loud doing it with each of those amps on each one of the subs

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 3
i appreciate the suggestions. is there anyone out there that would disagree that the 13 w6v2's is a better choice than one single 13 w7? i just want as many opinions as i can get before i choose, i would rather hear from those that have heard the 2 in person. i will be putting them in a dodge durango, so i am not limited to space

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1946
i have heard both and since u have 2 500/1 go with the v2's since u will be powering them to there full potential

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 5
thanks chauncey. that is true. i have heard that if you are not going to feed the w7 all the way, there isn't any reason in getting it. i was told by two people the same thing u had just said. does anyone know where the best prices for the 13 w6v2. and should i get the pro wedge box that is made for the subs?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2957
i agree , + u get a 3 DB gain with having 2 subs over 1 .......

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 6
but what about the pro wedge box

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1952
i would go HO wedge but if not go for the pro wedge

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1634
w6 has better sq than the 7 imo.
the addition of a second sub, and a 13" at that, makes it a hands down decision, imo.

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 7
do they even have an ho box that would fit (2) 13 w6v2's

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 8
bump....anyone else have anything to add

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1988
maybe u could call jl and see if they could make u one

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 9
does anyone have any feedback about the jvc kd-avx1? i was just curious how these were because i was thinking about getting one.

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 10
bump

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1643
it received the best HU of the year from ca&e along with 4 others. i'm certain i could dig up the original article if you had any specific questions. i've never heard or seen it in person though. never been a jvc fan myself. but then again, i'm not really a fan of any of the hu's on the u.s. market these days.

Bronze Member

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 12
anyone suggest i should do 2 10 w7's over 2 13.5 w6v2's?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4984
I'd stick with 2 13W6v2s. Better SQ than a W7 IMO, output will be about the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us