Port placement

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 142
is it alright to put the port on a fiberglass box on the opposite side of the subs? also does it make that much of a difference having the subs in open air with you like in an suv opposed to being in the trunk of a car? cause i have a cavalier and i was going to cut a whole out in the middle of my back seats to put my subs coming through from the trunk... would it make that much of a difference or should i just put them in the trunk? i know this is kinda long so thanks for takin the time to read it.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 555
"is it alright to put the port on a fiberglass box on the opposite side of the subs"

Keep the port end away from the center of the sub and at least 3" away from any walls.

"does it make that much of a difference having the subs in open air with you like in an suv opposed to being in the trunk of a car?"

Yes, having an SUV promotes cabin gain. Installing the subs in a trunk is ok, but it will not sound as loud as if they were in a SUV.

"i was going to cut a whole out in the middle of my back seats to put my subs coming through from the trunk"

Ha Ha Ha. That will look ghetto. It will increase the bass, but not as much as you would if you had them in a SUV.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 823
do not cut your back seat. if you want more bass to enter the cabin then cut a couple of holes on your rear deck. or do what i did. i just took out my rear 6x9s. alot more bass enters the cabin now and it doesn't look weird cause the speaker grill on my car is part of the rear deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us