Connecting a DVC 1 ohm sub --- @ 1 ohm Any Diagrams?Or Help?

CheapSPL
Unregistered guest
I want to connect a Power Aqoustik to a PD-4000 at 1ohm .... Anybody can help me ? the Pd-4000 is 0.5ohm stable so it is good i guess.... The Power Aqoustik Mofo 12 " is DVC 1ohm and 1200 W RMS

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2278
1+1 ohm dual coils?
wire the coils in parallel (+ to +, - to - bridged) and wire the sub straight to the amp.
that's a half ohm load

CheapSPL
Unregistered guest
The sub says 1ohm DVC ... Do you have any diagram i can stay on ??? your saying that i bridge the + to the + and - to the - of the amp than connect the sub normally...

SoylentRed
Unregistered guest
PowerAcoustik doesnt make a 1ohm DVC sub. If your refering to the mofo just parallel the voice coils and bridge the amp. This is the exact setup I have and it works perfect.

So, on the sub connect both + together and both - together so that there is only one set of wires coming from the sub. Then connect the two wires from the sub to both outer speaker terminals on the amp.

SoylentRed
Unregistered guest
PowerAcoustik doesnt make a 1ohm DVC sub. If your refering to the mofo just parallel the voice coils and bridge the amp. This is the exact setup I have and it works perfect.

So, on the sub connect both + together and both - together so that there is only one set of wires coming from the sub. Then connect the two wires from the sub to both outer speaker terminals on the amp.

CheapSPL
Unregistered guest
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=30533 is this a gound diagram ??? 1 ohm ??

Yes I Guess It Is ... it Worked Fine...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2309
I believe what he was trying to say is that none of us have seen a sub with dual 1 ohm coils.

I've seen dual 1.5 ohms (JL 13W7), dual 2 ohm (Kicker compVR), dual 4 ohm (most common), and even dual 8 ohm coils (Adire Shiva), but dual 1 ohm, I don't recall encountering.

Can you verify the load per coil on those subs, or supply a specific model number?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us