Easy fix? Kenwood Flip-down CD player doesn't flip down anymore

Username: Badboibillie

Post Number: 1
I tried searching the forums and I can't find an answer. I have a flip down Kenwood CD player, similar to this one http://www.audioallies.com/images/Kenwood/KDCMP922.jpg&size=4&dhm=7fa8833b&hl=en. I've had this for about 2 years 2 months and it just messed up (actually 2nd one since 1st one got jacked!). I had the Best Buy 2 year warranty but low and behold it breaks right after it ends.

Best Buy can't look at it cause they don't fix stuff. But basically the unit stops flipping down. I thought it was the fuses, but I checked the fuse in the back of the unit, as well as fuses on my car and all fine. The weird thing is that if I pull out the fuses and then put them back in, then restart my car, the unit flips down for a couple seconds (but doesn't turn on) and then flips back up. This tells me that the motor still works and it's probably just a wiring problem???

Any easy fixes? There's a kenwood service center next to me but they look shady and was like "I know what's wrong" and I asked him how much and he said you need to bring it in for me. I don't want to get ripped off if this is an easier fix or how much should it cost?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2271
Probably the flex cable that connects the faceplate to the main pcb. You can check www.kenwoodparts.com and see if they have it. Not too hard of a repair.

Username: Badboibillie

Post Number: 2
well i read that about the flex cable but is that even for when the unit still flips down and everything?

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 55
It all depends on how the cable fails. Unless you spilled something on the faceplate, odds are the flex calbe has broken at least one trace.

BIGDADDY 96
Unregistered guest
YA ITS THE FLEX CABLE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM
I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUSES .AND IT WASNT TO HARD OF A REPAIR EITHER IT TOOK LONGER TO GET THE PART FROM KENWOOD ,AND I ENDED UP BUYING A
NEW H U
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us