Should I buy online?

Username: Gubbar924

Post Number: 7
hey guys, for what I wanna get, its obviously cheaper for me to buy online and have a shop install the parts for me rather than buying and installing by the shop.
My question is that since Diamond Audio wants you to buy from authorized dealers only in order for them to recognize your warranty, and since they dont authorize any online shop ... should I risk buying the sub and amp online?

Also, what amp kit and LOC should I use?

I'm most likely gonna have a single Diamond Audio D6 12 inch sub installed with Diamond Audio D61000.1 amp ... thats if you guys think its ok to buy online. If you dont think its ok, then I'll just change the amp to the D3600.1 (money reasons). I'll be having this installed in my new 2006 accord, still have my factory HU and speakers in it.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4260
If I were you and you do decide to buy online which many many people do with the money you will be saving do yourself a favor and buy a decent cd player it will make a WORLD of difference seriously. chances are you can get things for almost half the cost of local shops so put it this way if you do blow anything and have to buy a new one you are still only out the OG cost from your local shop:-). There are many online companies that will warranty their equipment themselves not through the retailer so look into that also.

Post Number: 9
i will eventually be changing the HU in my car, I just have 2 problems holding me back at the moment...

1) money
2) the factory HU in the new accords is tricky, especially since the AC is also dependent on the screen. so i'll wait it out a little till everybodys more sure on how to deal with it.

so far http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ seems to be the cheapest and throws in 1 year warranties on these parts.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 749
tejas gandhi-does your accord have the hu with the 6 disc changer? mine did so i bought the kit for it. i think i paid $170 for it. actually the kit wasn't made for the hu with the 6 disc changer but the guy at the stereo place made it work. my air conditioner and heater works fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yup i have the 6 disc changer also. what kit did you get? also, you wouldnt happen to know what he had to do to make it work for your HU would you?

Bronze Member
Username: Thebigdon

Post Number: 32
Chad, do you have pictures of your dash or a website with photos on it. I want to see how the accord would look with a new cd player in the dash and how you set it up.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2916
http://onlinecarstereo.com/

has good prices too & they currently have an xmas free shipping special going on .

the bets thing to do to find lowest prices is to google the model nos & compare .........

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 751
here you go.

Upload

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 752
this kit wasn't designed for the hu with 6 disc so he had to re-route a couple of wires. i lost the use of auto climate control function. i figured auto climate wasn't important.

Bronze Member
Username: Thebigdon

Post Number: 34
Thanks alot. That looks awesome. Where was that kit from and how much was it? Wow, thats just sweet....

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 756
well the local stereo shop near my house got it for me. you can do a google search and find it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us