NEED HELP! new subs? which one?

Bronze Member
Username: Aznegg

Post Number: 17
ok so ive pretty much narrowed down what amp i want to use

The pheonix gold Xenon 1200.1 (if anyone has any suggestions on any other one i should use by all means speak your mind)

Next up is the sub..... im so lost here

my current system is

Fosgate p8002 punch amp + (2) Fosgate He2 subs in a qlogic box.... this i am selling and now i am looking to upgrade in spl and in sq.... mostly sq because i dont like the way they sound.

I was looking to keep within about 800usd.

so since i have the amp (which will run me about... 390) lets say i have somewhere in the area of about 400 to spend on subs.

so ive heard great things about the

RE: XXX (which is now discontinued)
Adire: Brahma
JL: 12w7 (i think a little out of my price point)
RE: SX (im not sure if a 12 will put out more or sound better than my current setup)

hmmm anything else?

Image dynamics idmax (again dont know if it would be louder but i hear it would be definately more precise)

so have i missed any? i need help in deciding which to get... also is there a huge difference between 12" and 15" i hear rumours of 15's being a little sloppier? is there any truth to that?

anyways i listen to rap, trance, hip hop, rave, house

and i want something that will outperform my prior system hands down.

Any advice would be highly highly appreciated, please help me out.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4261
1-re sx 15 for the type of music you listen to will be more then sufficient:-) It will blow your current set up away rediculously!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thank you for the reply..... does anyone else have any additional advice!?!?

is a 15 sloppy at all?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4284
the only reason a 15 would be any slpooier then any other sub is a poor design, where the motor is too strong or too waek and it over dampens itself. A 15 is just as fast as a 12 or a 10 of the same model it more depends on the damping factor of an amplifier, the higher the DF the more control the amp has over the sub. I have a 15 and it will stand with the best of them in SQ whether it be a 8, 10 , or 12.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
THank you very much.... so what do you think of my amplifier choice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us