Well i cut the check it better sound good!!

Username: Stavros

Post Number: 9
well after three months of looking listening i bought the 3way morel elate 9" and 2 morel sw 10" subs going into the rear seat side panels custom inclosure, powered my to macintosh amps mcc 602m and mcc 302 i hope these will knock it out in my saleen conv thank you guys for all help

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 541
Those are higher end brands, however convertibles, and/or any unenclosed listening area is subject to a terrible sound stage.

Basicly, sound requires a medium to bounce off of. If there are no mediums for sound to bounce off of, then the sound waves will die off sooner than a studio, which makes the sound feel skinny.

There will be no warmth (150-500 Hz), limited bass (60 Hz and below), and the highs will feel skinny and harsh (5KHz and above). About the only frequency range that will be efficient will be the midrange (500-5KHz), and even this range will sound choppy.

Post Number: 10
thanks for the good news!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
if i only new all this i would have purchased those sony explodes and called it a day!

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1625
louie, all that is nothing that a good eq and ta can't optimize for you, though.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 544
Your setup will probably perform better than those cheap Sony's, even if the laws of physics will have a huge impact on both.

For open air or a listening area that is not fully enclosed, I recommend speakers with a high Qts.

High Qts speakers "MAY" be used in infinite baffle or free air designs.

At least this way you will get better bass response.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks very much for your input,i new that with a conv would be hard, that is why i tried to bring is much of the sound up front,like the 9" woofer's,and with limited trunk and the top folded to get the base thru all that i would bring the subs into the cabin, but i hope it will be much better than there shaker 1000 is, should i be looking into some kind of eq unit to max out the potential? the head unit i have is the kenwood ddx 8017 it does have an eq in it but i am sure there is always better! just in ending the dealer asked me if i was sure i wanted to add my own stereo to the car because it is much harder than picking the car, he was right!!

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 546
An EQ will hlp, but that just means you have more knobs, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1629
:-) we'll be waiting on the pics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us