Anybody here awake

Bronze Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 71
i think everyone in the head unit forum is dead lol but i was goin out to get a new deck this weekend for my alpine subs and amp. should i stick with alpine or go different..i was thinking about going with the 9853 or whatever its called the glidetouch one

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1205
I hear those those glidetouch things suck.

Bronze Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 72
ive heard there awesome...for a day or two lol alot of people complain with various things messing up.

Bronze Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 73
so if alpine isnt the best anyone else have any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1286
i jus bought a 9825 for 76$ lol. gonna use it for my project. great HU. 4V preouts. 3 preouts at that. bass engine. yada yada :-)

Bronze Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 76
lol pretty expensive there... you heard anything bout the glidetouch trevor ?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 230
Pioneer I prefer them to the Alpines, more logical straight foward settings to mess with. Alpines are nice but a little exagerated for my tastes. I feel the Pioneers are more elegant and straighfoward plus you get excellent clean output from them and they last forever.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1208
http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=6526435/id_type =masterid

Theres a couple more models with glidetouch if you wanna see there reviews.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1209
Its not that Alpine isnt a good choice its just that the glidetouch ones may not be so great.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2890
If u are gonna get Pioneer get the PREMIER HUs instead - that higher voltage makes a BIG difference ......

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4979
Pioneer, Eclipse, Clarion Proaudio are all nice. Alpine has been slipping lately.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2892
Hey Jonathan - good to see you back around the forum .

Alot of ppl have been waiting to bug u with some of their problems & questions -lol .....Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4981
Been doing a lot of moving lately and my computer power supply went out. I'll gradually be on here more, but I'm going off this weekend.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1290
sorry to but in a little. but jonathan. would you think the pioneer AVH-P7500DVD
would be a better HU than the alpine d310?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1291
another one to compare is the avic n2 from pioneer.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1248
Eclipse is the way to go anymore. Alpine's still pretty good, but their build quality for this year has been pretty crappy... Lucky I got a 9833...

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 87
GET A PIONEER HEAD UNIT
THE EQUALIZER AND SQ ON PIONNER HU'S BEAT ANYONE ELSE

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2967
don't shout ! .........

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 90
haahah i just wanted it to be seen

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 240
I've seen several of the Eclipse head units, not my style either. Very robust internals but the user interface is a little to straightfoward. Premier HU's by Pioneer are about as good as it gets in my opinion, not only do they have the higher line out voltage but they usually have a few more features and I believe beefier internals. Sorry to hear Alpine has went to crap this year, I knew something was up because every year they try to cram as many new features into them as possible.

Username: Kykle

Las vegas, Nevada Usa

Post Number: 2
hey annybody got anyadvice on how to hook up a pair of 12" rockfords to a kenwood kdc-4011s deck?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 588
Kyle,

Running your Rockford Fosgate 12" subs off of your Kenwood HU is a bad idea.

Here is why;

The amp that is inside the Hu is weak. Believe me. Why do you think they make amplifiers so big if all they had to do was make em as small as the ones inside the HU. Thats right your HU has a n amp iside it. It also has a pre-amp, cd player, and tuner all in one. How convenient! Why dont all the ther amp manufacturers make their subwoofer amps that small. Gee for the same size as one of those other amps, you could probably fit like 20-30 of those Kenwood amps in it. It is because they know better thats all.

Yes, it will work. It will actually play, but I do not recomend that you run your subs off of that HU because there is a chance of damaging the sub, and/or the HU.

Picture this;

When you go camping and you do not have a hammer and you need one, you will probably find a rock and use it as a hammer to drive your tent spikes in the round.

Now, that concept worked for a small task and for a short period of time. You will not be able to use a rock for longer periods of time because there is a chance that that rock may slip and you may hurt yourself. It may even crack, and therefore it is not a sufficient tool.

The same goes with the amp inside the HU. It is not sufficient enough for what you NEED.

Username: Kykle

Las vegas, Nevada Usa

Post Number: 3
well i have a jensen 200 watt amp to im kinda straped for cash for a while if i could use this amp how would i hook it up im not very handy when it comes to this?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 590
Kyle,

Go here;

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/178035.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us